Are you having a hard time selling your products in your store in spite of all the efforts you make to build that product and market it? Do you want to scale your business to the next level but not able to convince your customers irrespective of the top-notch business you do?
Using a review plugin on your WordPress business site could really change your business upside down.
Why Reviews are Necessary?
People have stopped believing in advertisements and fancy posters. It is not enough to convince they to buy your products. Today people search and read reviews before buying any product.
As per Spiegel Research center, nearly 95% of shoppers read online reviews before making a purchase and 72% of customers don’t take action until they have read reviews as per Testimonial Engine.
Some Awesome Facts about Reviews
- As per BrightLocal, 60% of people read online reviews for going to a local restaurant or cafe
- 57% of consumers will use a business only if it has 4 or more stars
- 73% of consumers trust a local business more after reading positive reviews
Review is the real deal!
In the increasing competition for every product, people do not just purchase when they see your ad’s in the search engine or social media. They look for genuine reviews and feedback from other customers which creates that sense of trust and hope on your product or business.
So as a retailer, it should be your top priority to make sure all your products or businesses have a handful of reviews because retailers that choose not to feature ratings and reviews risk losing customers to a site that does.
So being convinced that you need to have reviews for your site, let’s consider how different users use the review plugin, what are some of the best WordPress reviews plugins available in the market, their pro’s and cons and much more.
Basic Types of WordPress Review plugins
- Review Website plugin – reviewers are looking for affiliates by reviewing any products, business, books, on their review website
- WordPress Product Review plugin – people selling products via an online store and are looking for reviews from their customers who purchase their products to increase social proof and gain more conversion. Also called as WordPress Customer Review plugin.
- Business Review Grabber plugin – business owners who are having an online or local business and looking for user reviews to gain more trust and credibility for their business. They come under WordPress business review plugin sub-category.
In this article, I will write a detailed explanation on what you should be looking for in a review plugin if you are going to write reviews of various products/services on your website or if you are selling a product or if you own a business. Also, which plugins will be suitable for you, their pro’s and cons and much more.
WordPress Review Plugins for Review Websites:
So, If you are a blogger writing reviews for different products/contents or if you are someone looking to create a review websites, you might consider either of these plugins which has been specially built for you.
WP Review Pro is an easy way to add review contents to your WordPress website. It helps your users to review or rank products, services, tools, recipes, or other content on your site. With WP Review Pro you can give your users total freedom to come and vote / rate the contents on your site . It also calculates an average based on the ratings.
It is also the best WordPress review plugin for people who want to create review websites.
- Edit/Delete negative user submitted reviews -necessary feature if users are rating your own products and services
- 3 Types of Rating – Star rating, Percentage rating and Point rating
- 14 Types of Rich snippets – like Book Rich snippet, Game rich snippet, Movie Rich snippet, etc. According to the content you are reviewing, you can use either of these snippets.
- Pre-defined templates – you can use according to the type of content you are reviewing.
- Place reviews anywhere with Shortcodes – before the content or after the content and also custom location using shortcodes.
- WP Review Pro version is powerful and loaded with features and styling that gives your website full-fledged review functionality.
- You can even import reviews from public review places such as Google places, Yelp, Facebook and pages. If you are already using another review plugin you can easily import your review content to WP Review Pro using its import features.
- The customization is unbelievable like the option to change global colors and also individual review colors, unlimited color option, choosing which field to ask for, require and show and even the support for adding your own custom fields.
- Allowing different types of Rich snippets instead to just go for a single snippet is where they have shown their commitment to their customer segment.
- WP Review free review plugin does allow users to rate and review but the features, options and styles are very. Every feature which a reviewer needs like a comparison table, listing table, etc. are inside the Pro version.
- Allowing the user to review, without which there is no benefit in using a WordPress review plugin is also hidden in the Pro version which is disappointing.
WP Product Review plugin is very useful for people who review products. With the WP Product Review plugin the Reviewer (a.k.a.) the Author can write a review of products and the readers who have also used the products themselves can also rate the products and submit their reviews. This is a great WordPress Customer Review plugin all in all.
If you are creating a product review website, this plugin will be a good choice than to go for the previous one.
- Buy Now button – add a “Buy Now” button with your affiliate link on the reviews for sale conversions and earning affiliate commissions.
- Allow Users to Review and Rate – it also allows for user review where the readers who have used the products can add their review of the products.
- Combine User review and Editor Review – you can change the original editor review according to the user reviews by using their “visitor review influence” option and selecting the percentage effect on the original rating.
- Has a Pros section and Cons section in the review section.
- The Latest and Top products can be displayed using their widgets.
- The WP Product Review plugin creates the best environment for users to read a product review and give their own rating.
- Can add product from Amazon.com with API key which automatically gets the product name, image, affiliate link and price.
- Automated comparison table is generated from reviews. Many other things are also automated which saves time.
- WP Product Review lite (free) plugin has enough power to create a product review website on its own.
- Like the WP Review Pro, important features like Comparison table and the Listing table are not in the Free version.
- The price is very costly considering that their product can be best used only if he/she is reviewing a product while not much beneficial if he/she is reviewing any other services or content. Price can be a little less.
- They don’t have much style customisation compared to WP Review Pro.
- The Amazon integration feature and front-end review submission are beyond their basic Pro version which is more expensive.
WordPress Product Review Plugins for Store Owners:
If you are a store/product owner and looking to collect reviews for your products, you can try any of these below plugins instead to go for the previous ones we have discussed which will not be of much benefit to your need.
Customer Reviews for WooCommerce is an awesome WooCommerce customer review plugin. The hardest thing for any WooCommerce store owner is to make the customers review their product.
Customer Reviews for WooCommerce plugin helps you get reviews from customers who have bought products from your store but have forgotten to give a review. This WooCommerce review plugin empowers you to set up automatic review reminders for customers who recently purchased a product from your store. Reminder emails are sent to your customers inviting them to review the recent product(s) they have purchased.
- Automatic Review Reminder Emails will be sent to customers who recently purchased a product asking for the review.
- You can set a single review form which includes questions about all products in the order so that you can get a review of several products at one shot. The cool thing is after submission of the review forms, the plugin will transfer reviews to pages of individual products.
- Generate new coupons for customers who review their purchases and can set emails to be sent with the newly generated coupon or existing coupon once they have submitted the review.
- It has all the features which a product owner will need and more surprisingly all to be free. Automated process makes getting reviews very simple.
- You can also import the reviews of your product from Amazon or eBay using a .CSV file.
- One major disadvantage is that the free version does not allow you to collect reviews on your domain name while the review invitation emails are sent via CR which is an independent service for verification of customer reviews.
- You can though customize the “From” Email Address and “From” name, but it is available only in the Pro version. While considering the extensive free features they provide, this is much acceptable.
Ultimate Reviews plugin enables you to accept and manage reviews from users for your products and services. Reviews could be displayed with shortcodes.
- It has a user review submission form where it allows the users to submit their reviews under every product.
- It allows you to create additional review fields such as value, appearance, quality, etc. It not only allows the star rating system but also has others such as a point and percentage rating system.
- It has integrations with WooCommerce where a new reviews tab can be included in every of your product.
- You can choose to send a reminder to review after an order has been set and can also send follow-up emails.
- The Ultimate Reviews free plugin enough for people looking for basic user review features. If you want to integrate the user reviews with WooCommerce you have to upgrade to premium.
- It provides much styling option which no review plugins focus. You can customize almost everything and also allows the possibility of adding custom CSS in their settings itself.
- It allows some cool features like access restrictions in reviewing like “Requires login,” “Require Admin approval” and much more which will prevent many unwanted and fake reviews.
- Provides only minimal possibilities with the free version.
- While it does have automatic reminders asking for reviews, this is also under Pro version which the “Customer Reviews for Woocommerce” has it in their free.
WordPress Business Review Plugins:
If you own a business, you need to look for a specific feature which is necessary for a business rather to just go with Product review plugins. Here are the plugins which you can look for if you are looking for a review plugin for your business.
WP Review Slider Pro plugin grabs reviews from 50+ review sites and displays them beautifully on your website. This list includes Yelp, Facebook, TripAdvisor, Google Places, Airbnb, WooCommerce and many more.
It also will display the reviews in a slider format in your website.
- Easily grab reviews from your Facebook page, Yelp, Trip Advisor, Airbnb or Google places and you can place it in a slider format in your website. You can also display them in Grid or List format if you do not want to display it in Slider format.
- You can set up Email notifications which will automatically mail you when the plugin finds a negative review or a positive review. You can set it as you wish
- Front-end review submission form which will let your users to submit reviews for your products or testimonials for your business.
- Summary badges which will let you display the average rating based on the number of reviews of various review platforms.
- The WP Review Slider Pro synchronized with plugin with WooCommerce reviews which means when you get a new WooCommerce review it will be automatically inserted into this plugin and you can display your product review in a slider format in your homepage. This will be extremely if you are selling a product via WooCommerce.
- This is highly customizable which has eight different templates you can choose from, and change the colors, border radius, date format and even change the star icon if you wish. Besides this, you also have an option to add your own custom CSS.
- The Price is much cheaper compared other review plugins.
I feel this guy is the best in the market and made every effort to create a product which will be most beneficial for his customers. With that said, they can focus on building features in the future which will be helpful for product owners because for now, except “Woocommerce Synchronisation” there is not much to offer for the product owners.
I will personally recommend this guy compared to others if you are looking for a business review plugin as he has so much to offer you in a very less cost. (P.S, I don’t have any personal relationship with this plugin, nor I am paid to say this. You can try it on your own and compare it with others. The choice is yours).
WP Business Reviews Plugin allows you to display your best reviews from many platforms like Google, Yelp, Facebook right on your website which will increase the customer confidence.
You can showcase your best customer experiences with WP Business Reviews plugin. This plugins allows you to mashup reviews from multiple platforms or display reviews from just one platform.
- Nowadays, no-one trusts your business unless they have read about you from any popular review websites. This plugin helps you to pull reviews from famous review sites like Google place, Facebook, Yelp, Yellow pages and place them on your site in a neatly arranged manner.
- You can set the minimum rating allowed and ensure that only your best reviews are promoted on your website.
- You can place the reviews anywhere you wish using their widgets and shortcode builders.
- Filter negative reviews, add custom reviews, and show them in a wonderful design (layout).
- You can mix reviews from different platforms and place it on your site rather than just collecting from one platform. Placing your reviews collected from different platforms will build the customers confidence in your brand/business.
- They have a powerful review builder which makes your work much simpler in collecting reviews, sorting it and grouping it together.
- Many of their users are facing issues while they are trying to generate the Google API which should be taken care of by their team soon.
- They don’t allow any other features which might be beneficial for business reviews but they have focused only on Embedding reviews from other review platforms which I feel is a very narrowed customer segment.
- The customization is very less compared to the WP Review Slider Pro which we are going to see next.
So, I think I have covered almost everything I could for you to choose a review plugin. I will love to hear from you if I have missed an important feature which will be beneficial, the review plugin which you are already using and how this article has helped you. Cheers.