Not every time you may want everyone to see all of your articles.
Do you want to restrict access to your content to a certain set of users?
Helpie has a powerful Dynamic capability feature where you can control who can view your content on all levels such as Global, topic and article level.
If you do not want to restrict a particular category or an article, but want to hide all the categories and articles to certain users, you can restrict it in our Global level.
To set it, go to Dashboard -> Helpie Kb Wiki -> Helpie Settings -> Dynamic capabilities -> Can view.
We have different permissions to restrict your content.
- ALL: This option will not restrict your content to anyone, but will be displayed to everyone.
- NO ONE: This option will hide all your categories and articles from everyone. Only Admin could see it. By default, Admin could see everything. Restriction won’t apply for the Administrator role.
- LOGGED IN USERS: If you want your topics and articles to be visible only for logged in users, you can use this option.
- ROLE: You can restrict your content to only certain user roles using this option. The default WordPress user roles will be available under this option.
We have two rules to set this option. First is “Everyone except” where you can let every other user role to view your content except this particular user role. Second is “Only” which will let you allow only that user role to view the content.
- USERNAME: Using this option, you can restrict your content to only certain users by their WordPress user name. The two rules”Everyone except” and “Only” will also be available for this condition.
If you want to restrict only a particular category to certain users, you can use this option.
To do this, go to Dashboard -> Helpie kb Wiki -> Wiki category. Go to that particular category and edit it. If you scroll down, you will see an option “Can view” where you could restrict that category alone from certain users.
The same five permissions which we described above will apply for this topic level also.
If you want to restrict a particular article alone, you can use this option.
To do this, go to Dashboard -> Helpie kb Wiki -> All articles. Go to that particular article and edit it. If you scroll down, you will see an option “Can view” where you could restrict that article alone from certain users.
For more on dynamic capabilities, kindly check this article: http://helpiewp.com/dynamic-capabilities/
Password Protect Settings:
The docs for password protection can be found in Password Protection Doc