Have you ever come across e-commerce shops and store owners giving their full attention, breaking their heads and doing everything they know to increase their conversion rates, yet missing the simplest and most important ones?
Product Filters is one such feature which has been least considered by most store owners yet the most important one to be found for their store’s conversion rate. It is an absolute nightmare for store owners not to figure out their lack of conversion rates when they have made in every effort, yet missing these core features.
In any e-commerce store, giving a pleasant experience for your users is the critical factor for conversions. Research shows that 75% of users leave a site if they cannot find what they are looking for within 15 seconds.
When people are not able to freely navigate or quickly able to find the product they are looking for, they might be soon frustrated to leave your store and find a better one. A one-time terrible experience may never bring that customer back.
Also when users have different options to choose from before deciding will guarantee a much higher conversion rate when compared with no options to choose.
If you check any favorite e-commerce stores like Amazon, Flipkart, Ebay, Snapdeal, you will find multiple filtering options in any product for you to choose the one which best fit your needs. For example, if you check any product in Amazon, you will find multiple options to refine by in their left sidebar like filter by ratings, price, discounts, brands, sellers, etc..
This is the best example for Product filter. It easily gives the customers to filter and quickly find the one they are looking for rather than searching a product for a very long time just to find that their product does not fit their needs.
Say the user will buy only from a particular brand and say he searches the product in the big list of the queue for a long time and find something attractive to him and goes into the product just to find that this product is not of the brand he is looking for. This is where the product filter is handy.
I believe, by now you have a firm conviction of how important it is to include a product filter in your store. Now, Let’s see some of the popular and proper Woocommerce Product Filter plugins, their key features, their pros, and cons.
WOOCOMMERCE AJAX PRODUCT FILTER:
This is one of the most potent Woocommerce plugins for product filtering which tops the list for a reason.
- Different filtering options are available like filtering your products by their price, categories, tags, attributes and even custom taxonomies.
- You can add an unlimited number of filters with one widget.
- You can drag and drop the filters in the order it should be arranged.
- You can set to show the product count which are available in your particular filter.
- You have different options to display like checkboxes, radio buttons, drop-down menu, really impressive range slider. You can also customize and easily change these styles which have made the plugin more powerful and is enough to be top on the list.
- Users can also go to the next and previous page of their preferred filtering without page reloading. This will definitely save the customers leaving your shop due to high loading time.
- You can also show the filters not only in the sidebar but also above products which many customers may prefer to have.
- They have rightly understood their customer needs and also have included many ideas from famous e-commerce stores like Amazon. One such is filtering by brands. Many customers will prefer to get the products only by specific brands, and this feature will definitely impress such customers.
The price is highly affordable and does not demand anything beyond what they offer.
- While I was impressed by their filtering by brands, you need to use another plugin of theirs to use it.
- Search box widget has been moved to the pro feature which doesn’t make much sense.
- Their choice of which features should be in free and pro could have been improved for some important basic features are in Pro (Like the one mentioned above), and some crucial money-making elements are in Free (Though customers won’t have any problem with this =D)
YITH WOOCOMMERCE AJAX PRODUCT FILTER:
You cannot find a single Woocommerce product without this huge brand having their feet on it. YITH is a giant in the Woocommerce industry and has almost all products needed for Ecommerce business.
- You can filter every single product by size, color, category. They also have some additional filtering option like publication date, sales number, alphabetical order, etc.
- There are multiple layouts you can choose from which will best meet your needs.
- You can include a slider for Filter by price.
- You can organize the search filter by either the alphabetical order or by the products contained for that filter.
- Filtering products by price ranges are the most crucial feature any E-Commerce store will need, and they have rightly understood it by including this most essential feature.
- Most users will not want to search for a product for a long time just to find that it is out of stock or not on sale. This may frustrate the customers giving a high possibility of them leaving your shop. This plugin has come up with a perfect solution for that allowing filter to show only “On-Sale,” “In-stock” products.
- Filtering by brands will be extremely useful for many.
- Translation for multiple languages is allowed which will be much needed for many shop owners who sell the products in their local language.
- This plugin works only in Woocommerce pages. It does not work for any other pages which are quite dissatisfying.
- The price is quite costlier compared to other plugins.
- Minimal features in the free version.
ULTIMATE WOOCOMMERCE FILTERS:
This guy is a newbie who seems to be very promising in the way they grow. Ultimate Woocommerce filter is yet another simple and easy to use product filter plugin which allows you to filter products by size, color, attributes, and even tags.
- You can filter the products by any attribute that you have set up in Woocommerce.
- It allows specific layout options to choose for each type of Woocommerce filter
- Labeling options which will enable you to change the wording of any particular labels quickly.
- You can also include a smart product search in the filtering widget which will let your customers have an active product browsing experience.
- It not only allows Woocommerce filter widget but also allows filter shortcode which you can use on any page.
- When you filter a product by its color, the actual color will be displayed in the widget of your shop page.
- It will not only display the filter attributes in the sidebar, but you can also choose to display it under shop page thumbnails which will give your customers a clear indication of what is available in the product without the need to go to each product page.
- Their free and premium features are equally distributed with the right understanding instead of making the free utterly useless as many plugins do to purchase their pro version.
- Filtering options are minimal compared to the previous plugins we have discussed.
- Many essential features like In stock support, filtering by the brand are missing yet. Being a newbie, we can believe much more will be implemented in the coming days.
- No customization is allowed in the free version; it’s possible only with the premium version.
WOOCOMMERCE PRODUCT FILTERS:
Woocommerce Product filter is one of the best selling product filters for Woocommerce in Codecanyon. This Plugin is used by more than 11000 customers and is highly appreciated by its customers.
- This is fully integrated with Woocommerce shortcodes and also with Visual Composer elements.
- They offer unlimited options in which customers can filter by any criteria and find precisely what they are looking for.
- This is also integrated with Guttenberg blocks where you can use the Woocommerce Gutenberg product blocks with product filter.
- Search filters are also available. Ajax is also supported for seamless filtering.
- It is fully customizable where you can customize filter terms, color, checkbox layouts, select box and more.
- It has unlimited layout and display options.
- You can also choose adoptive filtering where you can set to show only the remaining terms within your filters.
- Some advanced features like Filter analytics where you can get the insights about your customers are really impressive. This feature is something where they stand out from other plugins.
- The price is meager in spite of the vast list of features they have.
- Sometimes the filters are very slow with some themes.
- In the beginning, it is complicated to understand how the product works, but once you got hold of it, this plugin is very much beneficial. They can be much simpler for beginners.
WOOF – WOOCOMMERCE PRODUCT FILTERS:
WOOF Woocommerce Product filter plugin is another popular plugin which has both free and premium version in Codecanyon which will allow your visitors to search the products by custom attributes, tags, price, etc.
- It supports both widget and shortcode.
- It allows you to show the attributes in the search form as radio, checkbox, drop down, multi drop down and much more.
- Powered by Ajax in product searching and also allows infinite scroll for filtered products.
- You can also filter the products by the combination of their filters like size, color, etc..
- It allows many features in the free version itself rather than pushing everything to Pro.
- This plugin is very simple to use and not complicated at all for beginners.
- This plugin is the cheapest compared to all other plugins in this category.
- The Premium version has many powerful unique features which are not available in any other plugin like Filter by SKU, Image filter, hierarchy dropdown, taxonomy range slider, etc.
- Some basic features like Filter by colors is available only in the Pro version.
- Many users have complained that this plugin slows down their site. Since quite a few have criticized this, this could be a severe problem to be considered.
- Style options and customizations are minimal compared to other plugins.
This is it. We have included the Top 5 best product filter plugins for Woocommerce. Feel free to let us know in the comments about the plugin you are using and if you are finding any great plugin we have missed to note down. We would love to hear your feedback and comments.