Even in the digital-first world we live in, things are changing with time. It all started by making the customers buy stuff online through the eCommerce stores. However, it is more about maintaining a seamless user experience on the website, which has an impact on his buying decision.
Developing product search functionalities is not a big deal for websites that are designed to sell a handful of products. However, for WooCommerce websites that have hundreds or more products listed up for sale, it is quite important to ensure that the users can search for the products easily and without facing any obstacle.
If you want your WooCommerce store with a wide range of products to rank high in terms of UX, you need to work on providing advanced product search options.
Thinking if you need to write code for these functions from scratch? You need not worry about that as there are specific WooCommerce product search plugins to help you out.
Here is a list of some of the most useful WooCommerce product search plugins in 2019 for your online store:
WooCommerce Product Search Plugin
If your customers have to wait for a long time to see the products they have searched for, they may leave your website to reach out to one of your competitors. At the other end, they would love to stay loyal to your website if the product search options bring instant results. WooCommerce product search is the plugin you need to make this happen.
Key Features of WooCommerce Product Search:
- Provides business Insights and Statistics to know what your customers are searching for
- Offers instant search results functionality to the websites
- Based on a logic that enhances the relevance of products as per the search queries, so you get improved the product search results
- Comes with an Advanced Control System to set the relevance of products and categories in the search results
- Shows the names of relevant products while a user is typing the search terms, thus making it easier for him to reach the product pages
- It is an official extension sold on WooCommerce.com, so you can expect best integration with WooCommerce plugin.
- Search results are derived based on the usage of searched keywords in the Title, Description, and Tags of listed products.
- You can place the search function anywhere on the website, without the constraint to set it in the website’s header only.
YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search PluginIf your WooCommerce website has been designed to have multiple menus and product categories, it won’t be easy for the customers to find a specific product. Well, what about giving the users suggestions for relevant products from your product inventory while they enter a keyword? YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search plugin can help you add this feature to your website.
Key Features of YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search:
- Has Ajax powered search to save the customers’ time spent on searching for products
- You can easily customize the search form based on your preferences
- Allows the users to choose filters while searching for products. Users can search within specific categories or tags and filter the results.
- There is a free version of this plugin with some limited features which is enough to create a simple search box that shows you instant search results.
- The premium version, can show the product Images, Description, Price, and also promotional Badges in the search results.
- Gives you customers a hassle-free user experience while buying from the website. As a result, it increases sales and conversions.
Ajax Search for WooCommerce Plugin
Product search functionality is crucial for eCommerce websites that have thousands of products available for sale. If your search functionality is lagging customers could go away from your site. AJAX Search for WooCommerce plugin that super-fast and powerful product search functionality added to your store to help your customers.
Key Features of AJAX Search for WooCommerce:
- Can be display product Image, Description, Price and SKU.
- It is optimized for performance and works well even if there are 100,000+ products in your store.
- You can also display Categories, Tags and Brands as suggestions.
- Comes with an autocomplete option to help the customers in finding the products faster.
- Allows to set your own color scheme for the main form elements and suggestions.
- You can use the free version is you have a small eCommerce store, has good features but is fast only for few hundred products.
- One can search for products using products Titles, Descriptions, Excerpt, Attributes, and SKUs.
- Allows to add custom CSS to personalize search forms.
Premmerce Product Search for WooCommerce PluginAn eCommerce store can have products that have names slightly different from each other. These products can even be a variation of the same product. What will happen if a buyer types the wrong spelling of the product, reaches a ‘Not Found’ page and leaves the website? This can result in a drop of sales. However, you can prevent this from happening to your WooCommerce store with the help of the Premmerce product search for WooCommerce plugin.
Key Features of Premmerce Product Search
- Comes with the spelling correction feature that leads to the relevant results even if a user has typed a wrong search term. Correction includes similar words, words with same pronunciation, and transliterated words.
- It auto-completes the search results which guides your customers to right products.
- Fast, Ajax-enabled plugin which is easy to configure.
- The free version of this plugin is quite powerful.
- It works with the standard WooCommerce Product Search widget. So you don’t need any additional settings.
- You can set the minimum number of characters to enable the enhanced search feature of this plugin.
- It gives an option to search for products based on SKU or a description.
Predictive Search for WooCommerce PluginPut yourself in your customers’ shoes and try to think how good it feels when a website predicts what you are about to search over it. Just like you, your end customers will also feel great when they find your website developed with this advanced search feature. The best part – you can add this functionality to your website with the help of the WooCommerce predictive search plugin.
Key Features of Predictive Search
- It has a Predictive Search Widget through which you can add Predictive Search box to any widgetized area on your site.
- It is compatible with Elementor Pro – Template builder, where you can add the search box through the Predictive Search Widget.
- Customers can search for products on the eCommerce store in terms of their name, SKU, category, tags and similar other criteria.
- Customers also can search by creating combinations of different criteria.
- There is a free version available with limited features which you can test before buying the premium plugin.
- This plugin can be added into a WooCommerce website’s theme using a widget, short-code, or a PHP function.
- You can exclude specific products from search whenever required.
- Allows easy integration with Yoast SEO and other SEO plugins.
The success of your eCommerce stores depends on the user experience. A fast, interactive product search functionality developed using these plugins is something that can lead to higher conversions at your online store. So, what are you waiting for? Dig deeper into the features of these plugins and enhance your store to the next level.
Did you try any of these plugins? Which one do you use in your eCommerce store? Is there any other WooCommerce product search plugins that is good? Tell us in the comments section.