Are you looking to create subscriptions on your WooCommerce shop?
Do you want to create subscriptions for your reviews, videos, learning courses, podcasts, or whatever you might wish to offer to your customers in installments?
Below are the 5 best Woocommerce subscription plugins in 2019, their key features, their pros, and cons their pricing.
YITH WOOCOMMERCE SUBSCRIPTION:
YITH Woocommerce subscription plugin is a freemium subscription plugin.
It will let you create an unlimited subscription plan for simple, virtual, or any downloadable products for your WooCommerce store.
Key Features of YITH Woocommerce Subscriptions:
- Simple and variable product subscriptions: You can create subscriptions for both simple and variable products where you could have variable options for Subscription.
- Multiple payment gateway methods: It allows many payment methods like PayPal standard, YITH WooCommerce Stripe Premium, YITH WooCommerce Stripe Connect Premium, YITH PayPal Express Checkout for WooCommerce, and much more.
- Multiple Subscriptions: You can allow multiple subscriptions, which is more than one subscription for the same user. You can also allow them to add more than one subscription to the same cart based on their chosen gateway.
- Free Trial, Cancel and Renew subscriptions: You can set a free trial period for your users after which they could purchase the Subscription. You can also allow the customers to cancel and renew the Subscription.
- Automatic E-mail: You can set to send an automated e-mail based on conditions like expiring subscription plan, payment has been made, subscription plan canceled, paused or resumed and much more.
- There are many options for the admin and are very user-friendly.
- They have 30 rates of 5 stars out of 50 reviews. Most of the 5-star rating is for their support, which shows their commitment to the product.
- They are regularly updating the product and continuously bringing many new features.
- Expensive pricing
- The free version doesn’t have much to offer
- $129.99 for a single site
- $199.99 for six sites
- $399.99 for 30 sites
WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin by ProsPress is a premium plugin sold on WooCommerce official website and so you have the guarantee that it has best integration with WooCommerce plugin.
With WooCommerce Subscriptions, you can create and manage products with recurring payments — payments that will give you residual revenue you can track and count on.
Key Features of WooCommerce Subscriptions:
- Flexible Recurring Billing Schedules: It gives you much flexibility in scheduling renewals for your subscription products. You can have multiple billing schedules according to your store needs.
- 25 Payment gateways: They have integrated with over 25 payment gateways for automatic recurring payments.
- Limit Subscription: You can use the limit subscription feature to limit a customer to one subscription.
- Renewal notifications: They have Built-in renewal notifications which notify you and your customers when subscription payments have been processed.
- Reports: They also provide you with a full detailed report which allows you to keep track of recurring revenue, number of active subscribers, and more.
- The plugin is straightforward and user-friendly.
- They have a 4.19 rating out of 5, which is quite decent.
- They have been highly rewarded for the customer service they provide.
- Simple set-up
- The plugin is very expensive compared to others.
- They don’t have a free version.
- Personally, I would like the admin controls for setting up and starting subscriptions to be a little bit more straightforward.
- $199.99 for a single site
- $249.00 for 5-sites
- $399 for 25-sites
Subscriptions for WooCommerce:
Subscriptions for WooCommerce by WebToffee is one of the best WordPress plugins for managing subscriptions.
Like any other WooCommerce products, you can create Subscription out of physical, virtual, or downloadable products.
This plugin is compatible with most of the WooCommerce add-on plugins like WooCommerce Membership plugin, Stripe, etc.
Key Features of Subscriptions for WooCommerce:
- Simple and variable: They can be used to create subscriptions for both simple and variable products. Simple subscriptions are typically set to include subscription price, interval, and subscription length. The variable subscription products are configured to include attributes/variations.
- Billing schedules: The plugin gives you considerable flexibility in setting up renewals where you can set a billing period daily, weekly, monthly, or even yearly.
- Discount coupon: You can create a recurring subscription discount coupon, which when applied to the order will be used for every renewal. These coupons can be created as a fixed value of a % discount.
- Synchronized renewal: You can synchronize/align subscription renewals to occur on the same day for all subscribers irrespective of the date of purchase.
- E-mail notifications: Automatic e-mails have been configured to notify the customer and the site owners for various statuses, canceled, expired, etc.
- Pricing is much cheaper compared to the previous two plugins.
- They have a 100% secure payment, and 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Most of their 5-star rating is for their excellent customer service.
- Their last update is 13th May 2019 (As of Aug 2019) which shows they are still active and being regularly updated.
- They don’t have a free version.
- They have minimal features compared to the previous plugins.
- $89.00 for a single site
- $129 up to 5 sites
- $199 up to 25 sites.
Sumo subscriptions is the most affordable plugin in this list. This plugin is available in the Envato market.
This plugin is the most comprehensive and straightforward WooCommerce subscriptions plugin which you can use to create and sell subscription products.
Key Features of Sumo Subscriptions:
- Users can Select the Subscription Duration and the number of renewals for order Subscriptions.
- In-built PayPal and Stripe Payment gateway.
- Free Trial and Paid Trial supported.
- Subscribers can switch between Automatic Subscription Renewal and Manual Subscription Renewal.
- It has an option to Include/Exclude Shipping Cost in Subscription Renewal.
- It also has an option to Include/Exclude Tax Cost in Subscription Renewal.
- They have a beautiful Master Log to record all transactions throughout the site.
- Payment reminder e-mails can be sent to subscribers.
- This is the cheapest plugin in the list.
- They have an average rating of 4.66 of 5 based on 41 ratings out of which 87% have given five stars.
- This plugin is very easy to use and customize. No coding is needed.
- Their last update is 6th Aug 19 (as per Aug 2019) which shows they are fully into working on this product.
- $39 for 6-month Subscription.
- $51.75 for 12-month Subscription
Subscriptio is the last subscription plugin in this list which is available in the Envato market.
Key Features of Subscripto Plugin:
- This plugin allows you to sell subscriptions with WooCommerce, and all Subscription related actions will be handled automatically.
- It has the possibility where both shop managers and customers can pause and resume subscriptions. You can also disable this possibility for customers.
- It also gives you many configuration options like when reminders should be sent, the length of the suspension period, etc.
- They also have an integration with a WooCommerce Membership plugin to offer online memberships with recurring payments.
- They also have lots of hooks and filters for developers to use.
- This plugin is also much cheaper compared to other plugins.
- They have a 4.30 average out of 5 based on 135 ratings.
- The plugin hasn’t been updated since July 2017 (As of Aug 2019) which is scary to opt this plugin.
- $49 for a 6-month Subscription.
- $65.50 for a 12-month Subscription.
I believe this article helps you to find the best suitable subcription plugin for youe WooCommerce store.
Feel free to let us know in the comments your most favorite one in this list.
And if we have missed any good WooCommerce Subcription plugin in the list, feel free to let us know about it.