Are you looking to create online directories? Want to know the best WordPress directory plugins?
There are tons of WordPress directory plugins available in the market. In this article, we have done the hard work for you and have listed the 5 best WordPress directory plugins 2019.
You can also know their key features, their pros and cons, their pricing, and which WordPress directory plugin is right for you.
So let’s dive into the best WordPress directory plugins straightaway.
Geo directory is one of the top WordPress directory plugins. If you are looking to create a large / global business directory, Geodirectory will be the best option for you.
It has a powerful set of features to create a location-based directory like Yelp, Tripadvisor, etc..
Key Features of GeoDirectory
- Create a Local Directory – based on a single location and even expand to multiple locations using their add ons.
- Compatible with almost all popular page builders such as Elementor, Beaver Builder, Divi, SiteOrigin, etc..
- Front-end form which allows you to edit through a drag and drop form builder, which allows visitors to submit their listings autonomously.
- Users can create their own personal list of listings and make them public to other users.
- You can import your
- listings from anywhere using their add-on that integrates WP-Import with GeoDirectory.
- 40 different field types to create your own custom fields. 40+ widgets/shortcodes/blocks.
- Filter search by any custom field using their Advanced Search premium add-on.
- You can import pages and events from Facebook and listings from Yelp and Trip Advisor.
- It has more than 10,000 active installs in the WordPress.org.
- It has the top ratings of 4.5 out of 5 stars with 243 people out of 293 giving 5 stars. These stats clearly reveals the worth of this product.
- It is extremely lightweight, efficient, and flexible.
- GeoDirectory is capable of scaling any massive traffic or millions of listings.
- Developer friendly.
- Many important features are not free. You have to move to the premium plan to access those features.
- The pricing of the add-ons is quite expensive compared to other plugins.
- It is a bit hard, in the beginning, to get hold of the plugin properly. But once you are set, it is a easy ride.
- Free version
- Add-ons vary from $39 to $89.
- Bundles vary from $99 to $199.
Business Directory Plugin
Business directory plugin is another most popular and easy to use WordPress directory plugin.
Key Features of Business Directory:
- You can take any listing you want and build any type of directories either local directory or directory of business or real estate listing site, etc.
- You can have free listings on your business directory or can also create and accept payments for your listing.
- They have sorting options for categories, listings. users can also choose a sort order in the front-end.
- Users who post can edit listings without access to WP dashboard.
- Advanced search screen with the ability to show/hide fields available for search.
- It also has integrations with WPML which allows multi-language support.
- You can allow filtering based on location using their paid regions module.
- You can allow rating businesses in your directory using their paid rating module.
- It has the highest number of users in WordPress.org in the WordPress directory plugins category.
- It has an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars. More than 350 out of 400 users have given a 5-star rating.
- It is being regularly updated.
- Their customer support is extremely fast and good.
- Some simple features like Paypal integration could have been included in the free version, but sadly not.
- Pro version pricing is very expensive.
- Single site – $199.99
- Multiple sites – $399.99
Connections Business Directory plugin
Connections is a powerful directory plugin for WordPress which has both free and additional paid add-ons.
Key Features of Connections Business Directory:
- It comes with a great set of custom fields that can be used to create almost any kind of web directory.
- Compatible with most popular page builders such as Elementor, Beaver Builder, Brizy, Visual Composer, Fusion, SiteOrigin, etc.
- Multiple entry types from which to choose; such as individual, organization, and family
- You can do the directory on your front-end by just adding a simple shortcode to a WordPress page.
- They also have template support so that you can choose a layout for your listings from pre-built templates.
- The free version supports many languages. Interestingly, you can not only create custom fields but also duplicate the existing fields. This feature is useful if your users have multiple contact information.
- Anniversaries and birthdays are saved in the directory. So, your organization can keep a database with reminders for when employee birthdays roll around.
- For some custom fields like phone numbers, users and site admins can set privacy levels.
- It is compatible with most standard WordPress themes and is SEO friendly.
- It has more than 10,000 active installs in WordPress.org directory which shows their value.
- They are regularly updated (As of Aug 2019).
- It has an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars, which is the highest in this category.
- The support team does awesome work.
- Basic features like Search and filter is not available in the free version.
- The documentation could be improved.
- The pricing is a bit expensive.
- Template pro pack varies from $59.99 to $199.99
- Extension pro pack varies from $29.99 to $199.99
- Pro pack varies from $74.99 to $299.99
Web 2.0 Directory Plugin
Web 2.0 directory plugin makes it really easy to convert any existing site into a fully featured directory business website.
Key Features of Web 2.0 Directory :
- Its Relevanssi integration allows visitors to search into the contents of your custom fields.
- It allows visitors to submit new listings or even packages of listings, claim and manage existing listings using the website frontend.
- It also features location-based directory.
- Maps & map markers functionality gives users fast and easy ability to find nearby places by the powerful search system.
- It is compatible with Woocommerce payment system.
- It supports Stripe and PayPal for transaction services.
- The price is much affordable compared to other plugins.
- It has an average rating of 4.49 based on 305 ratings with more than 75% of users giving a 5-star rating.
- It has more than 6500 active premium users in Envato.
- It is regularly updated (as of Aug 2019)
- There is no free version. Only premium is available.
- The customer service is not quite good enough in handling the customers.
- $39 for 6-month support.
- $51.75 for 12-month support.
Directories Pro Plugin
Directories Pro is a WordPress plugin that lets you build any kind of directories such as a community-driven local business directory like Yelp.com, Google+ Places, or Yahoo!
Key Features of Directories Pro:
- You can add fields to listings, categories, tags, location, reviews, and even to claims from over 30 elements.
- It has a neat front-end dashboard that allows the users to submit and manage their content from the front-end without going to the backend dashboard.
- You can export and import any content of your directory to and from a CSV file in just a few number of clicks.
- Supports multi-directory.
- Supports multilanguage and RTL
- You can let users submit reviews for listings with customizable rating criteria.
- They are just one year experienced, but more than 2100 users which clearly shows their reputation and fast growth.
- The price is much lower compared to previous plugins.
- It is very flexible and easy to setup.
- They have a good average rating of 4.88 out of 5
- The documentation is well organized and very helpful.
- No free version available.
- The plugin is just one year old. This may bother people who are looking for much experienced company. But their work clearly reveals that they are experienced and knowledgeable.
- $39 for 6-month support.
- $51.75 for 12-month support.
If you are looking to create a very powerful directory like Yelp, I recommend you to go for Business Directory plugin.
If you are looking to offer the best local directory, Geodirectory would be the best option.
If you are looking for a simple and flexible design, go for Connections directory plugin.
If you are looking for the cheapest WordPress directory plugin, I recommend you to go for Web 2.0 directory plugin and directories pro plugin.