Note: These display options are for FAQ items created as single FAQ posts and not with FAQ groups.
Helpie FAQs comes with several display settings. to customize the display of your FAQs.
To access this, first, go to Helpie FAQ -> FAQ Settings -> Display & Layout.
There are several options in this page. Let see each one of them.
Here you can choose if your FAQs will show as Accordion or Lists
1. Simple Accordion: will display just your FAQ’s in a way you have sorted it and will not display the Category of the FAQ’s. The FAQ’s could be toggled if you have enabled the toggle on in the settings.
2. FAQ Lists: will display FAQs plainly without accordions, listed one after another.
Besides, the Display modes, you have other options such as:
- Enable or disable Toggle – when you open an FAQ item it closes previous item
- Enable or disable FAQ to be open by default. You can choose to open 1st FAQ item to be open or open all FAQs
- Add FAQ URL Attributes to all single FAQ Items
- FAQ URL Types – change the slug types of FAQs if you have enable URL attributes
You will be able display the FAQs by grouping them into FAQ categories. (if you use FAQ Categories)
To enable these grouped display for FAQ Categories go to Helpie FAQ -> FAQ Settings -> Display & Layout -> Layout/Grouping Settings and enable Group FAQs By category.
In the Group container you have 2 options, they are,
1. Simple section with Header: will display the FAQ’s by the Categories they are assigned to. While the FAQ’s could be toggled, the Categories cannot be toggled in this display.
2. Accordion: If you want to display the FAQ’s by the Categories and want both the FAQ’s and Categories to be toggled, you can select the Accordion display mode.
When display the FAQs by Categories, you get the options to Order the single FAQ items based on
- Alphabetical order
- Menu order – custom ordering
- Published date
- Updated date
You could also do auto-ordering. See below.
FAQ Category Sorting (Pro Feature):
If you have enabled grouping by FAQ categories, you would also want to order how the FAQ categories are listed. So you do so in the Category Sorting option.
- Menu Order – a custom ordering for FAQ Categories
- Articles Count
- Publish Date
- Updated Date
Auto-ordering of FAQ (Pro Feature)
Using Helpie FAQ Pro version, you can allow automatic ordering of FAQ based on the user engagement. To enable it, go to Helpie FAQ -> FAQ Settings -> Sort By -> User Engagement.
Once you enabled it, your FAQ’s will keep rearranging automatically based on the number of user clicks.
The FAQ’s which has been clicked by the users higher number of times will be arranged in the top and the ones with less number of clicks will be moved to the bottom accordingly. If you still have any doubts, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Can users submit their FAQ’s? (Pro Feature)
Yes, if you are using our Pro version, you could enable the option for your users to submit their FAQ’s.
- Go to Dashboard -> Helpie FAQ -> FAQ settings -> User Submission -> Enable the Submission to “ON”.
- Once enabled, you can see an option Add FAQ below your FAQ’s.
- You can choose options like whether their FAQ’s should be directly published or should be sent for approval.
- You can set an option for them to give their mail address and send questions or to only send questions. You can also set an email address for the admin and enable email notifications for the admin for every FAQ being submitted.
- You can also set what message should be sent for the submitter mail once their FAQ has been approved