Having more than 5 million active installations, WooCommerce is the most popular ecommerce plugin for WordPress. Not just for WordPress, WooCommerce is the most popular ecommerce platform in the World.
Most of its popularity comes from the fact that WooCommerce is user-friendly and free of cost. Also, another reason for the popularity is that there are thousands of free WooCommerce themes.
Because there are hundreds and thousands of free themes to choose from, we have researched and listed the best free WooCommerce theme in 2020 to help you. Since WooCommerce dominates the WordPress ecommerce market, this list can also be called a free ecommerce WordPress themes.
What to look for in a free WooCommerce Theme?
- It needs to have deep integrations with WooCommerce and its extensions (official and third-party)
- Need to have a modern and flexible design so that you can create a beautiful and unique online shop
- Should have a clean code and updated regularly with a helping support team
- Layout should be responsive for all devices and screen sizes, especially should be mobile-friendly (many people shop on mobile phones)
- Should have a powerful premium version, so that you can upgrade when it is necessary.
We have checked for these parameters and selected a few of the themes which are the best free WooCommerce themes of 2020.
Other Important features to look for:
Other important features would be Importable free demo sites, Translation-readiness, Supported plugins (like page builders, membership plugins, etc.), and RTL- support. These features may not be necessary for everyone, but you need to check for these features before creating your ecommerce website with the free and best WooCommerce themes.
Pro Ecommerce Tip – If you want better sales, you have to answer customers questions in your product page. You can do so with Helpie FAQ. For better customer support you need a knowledge base with help articles.
Best Free WooCommerce Themes – 2020
Let’s get into the list of free ecommerce theme. Some are specifically made for WooCommerce, and others can be seamlessly integrated with WooCommerce and they provide additional blogging and business capabilities. Note that most of the themes mentioned in this list are Translation Ready and RTL Supported.
1) Zigcy Lite WooCommerce Theme
Zigcy Lite is a free WooCommerce theme with a minimalistic and modern design with which you can create stunning ecommerce stores. It has deep integrations with WooCommerce and its essential add-ons.
The best thing about Zigcy Lite theme is that it gives you 3 fantastic pre-built site which can be imported with a single click and you have an ecommerce website ready in your hands.
Best Features of Zigcy Lite Theme
- Zigcy lite is loaded with features for a free theme. It gives you 2 WooCommerce Archive layouts, 4-page layouts, Slider section with options, CTA section, and more importantly 3 pre-built sites that can be imported
- It is customizable with Unlimited color options, a highly configurable home page, customizable product and listing pages with advanced WooCommerce options
- Zigcy premium theme takes it to another level with powerful features such as 6 Header layouts, 600+ Google Fonts, Unlimited sidebar area and layout options, Category tabs on product pages, and Product Sale Countdown timer.
- The premium theme also comes with some Pro plugins such as Slider Revolution, WP Popup Banner Pro, and Visual Composer. Also gives you 22+ custom blocks for Visual Composer.
2) Modern Store WooCommerce Theme
Modern Store is a clean, free WooCommerce theme with a minimalistic design. This theme suits many varieties of Ecommerce stores like fashion and clothing stores, sports, health and fitness products, and many more.
Best Features of Modern Store Theme
- Modern Store has a customizable Homepage template, Custom brand color, Header promo section, Built-in-shopping cart button, Store-wide search bar, and more.
- It has smooth integrations with WooCommerce and is fully compatible with Gutenberg, Elementor, Yoast SEO, Contact Form 7, and other important plugins.
- The premium version Modern Store Pro comes with advanced features like Header promo slider, 4 Homepage Sections, 700+ Custom fonts, Featured videos, and more.
- It is fully responsive and mobile friendly.
3) Orchid Store WooCommerce Theme
Orchid Store is a clean and flexible free theme and is among the best WooCommerce theme among the free ones with a dynamic and stylish design.
You can create a wide variety of shops including Marketplaces, multipurpose shops, fashion accessories store, cosmetic shop, furniture shop, mobile and gadget store, home decor store, and many other online stores.
Best Features of Orchid Store Theme
- Fully compatible with WooCommerce and other 3rd party plugins such as WooCommerce membership, WooCommerce subscription, YITH quick view, YITH wishlist and more.
- It is a page-builder friendly WooCommerce theme which supports Elementor page builder.
- Gives you good menu options such as a Special Menu in the Header and Megamenu in the primary navigation.
- Has many useful widgets such as Banner/Slider widget, Advertisement widget, Featured categories widget, Call to action widget and some more.
4) Avant Theme for WooCommerce Shop
Avant is a lightweight and free multipurpose WordPress theme which enables you to create a stylish and elegant looking website. This theme has tight integrations with WooCommerce, which helps you create a modern ecommerce website with blogging capabilities.
Avant theme is best suited for blog-based online shops like online fashion blog, toy blog, or any business and personal blog in which online shop is one part of the website.
Best Features of Avant Theme
- It can be integrated with page builders such as Elementor and SiteOrigin
- Has a Home Page Slider for displaying posts
- You can choose from 7 Header layouts and build a beautiful Header with many color options
- It gives you 5 Blog Layouts and more blog settings to design a blog that suits your ecommerce store
- Avant Premium theme gives you more customisation options on Site layout, Header, Blog section, Posts & Pages, and also on your WooCommerce shop.
5) Vogue Theme for WooCommerce Shop
Vogue is a minimal free multipurpose WordPress theme with a clean and simple design. It integrates smoothly with WooCommerce plugins and has custom designs for the WooCommerce product pages.
Best Features of Vogue Theme
- It can be integrated with many popular page builders such as Elementor, Beaver Builder, Divi, Visual Composer, SiteOrigin and also with some other important WordPress plugins.
- It is customisable with lots of layout options, full-color settings, and design settings
- It offers Hooks for developers to easily customize it with code to add extra functionality
- Vogue premium theme offers more features for the WooCommerce shop, has a Home page slider and more customisation options
Gutenshop is a lightweight free WooCommerce theme with a clean and minimalistic design. This theme can be used for Ecommerce websites selling products for beauty, women’s fashion, sports, mens clothing, and even other niches like electronics, furniture, toys, digital products, kitchen, etc,.
Best Features of Gutenshop Theme
- As the name suggests, it works seamlessly with the new WordPress block editor (Gutenberg) and also with WooCommerce plugin.
- Has an one-click checkout feature, so you use it create an affiliate store such as Amazon affiliate store.
- It gives you option to hide shopping cart from the menu, incase you want to hide it.
7) StoreFront WooCommerce Theme
StoreFront is the official free WooCommerce theme built by the developers behind the WooCommerce plugin. It is a lightweight, basic theme with which you can quickly create a functional online store.
Best Features of StoreFront Theme
- It has seamless integration with WooCommerce plugin and other official extensions.
- Has all the basic features necessary to run a fully functional ecommerce website.
- Customisable with some layout & color options
- Gives you 6 widget areas
It is a good option if you are looking to create a functional Ecommerce website in a very short time. It wouldn’t be the best option if you’re looking to create a unique looking store.
StoreFront theme also has some free and premium child themes which you can checkout!
8) Shophistic Lite WooCommerce Theme
Shophistic Lite is a free WooCommerce theme with a beautiful and responsive design. It is an easy to use theme with beautiful CSS animations and modern look.
It is great for ecommerce websites which sell fashion-related items like Clothes, Bags, Shoes, etc., and also selling small items used in day to day life.
Best Features of Shophistic Lite Theme
- Customizable with options to change color schemes, menus, widgets, background image, etc
- It has a Grid Homepage view and with multiple product filtering and sorting options
- The Header includes custom menus and social icon menus
- The premium version of Shophistic is very powerful with more Color schemes, Google Fonts, Mega Menus, Visual Composer and Revolution Slider integration, and more.
9) Bellini WooCommerce Theme
Bellini is a free WordPress theme which integrated seamlessly with WooCommerce. You can create a good looking website with an integrated online shop with Bellini theme.
This theme can be used for online shops which sell Apparels, Shoes, Furniture, etc.,
Best Features of Bellini Theme
- It can be integrated with the Elementor page builder, and you can edit many of the theme components with Elementor, which is great news for users.
- It has structured Schema, and so it is SEO friendly.
- The pro version comes loaded with features like Advanced WooCommerce Customisations, multiple Homepage, and Header layouts, and support for Google Maps.
10) eCommerce Gem WooCommerce Theme
eCommerce Gem is free WooCommerce theme which is responsive and flexible. It is feature loaded for a free ecommerce theme and you can build great looking ecommerce websites which sell hundreds of products like an online market.
You can create online shops like a fashion store, jewellery store, electronics store, home appliances store, etc, with this theme.
Best Features of eCommerce Gem Theme
- Has some premium features like Featured Slider, Latest and Featured product carousels and more.
- It has multiple menus on locations such as Top header, Primary header and a social sub-menu with 30+ social icons.
- It has 8+ Widget Areas with options to have Left & Right Sidebars.
11) Online Shop WooCommerce Theme
Online Shop is a powerful free WooCommerce theme with a refined design which enables you to create unique looking ecommerce websites.
It is excellent for many types of ecommerce sites like a jewellery store, toy store, accessories store, affiliate store, and even an all-in-one store.
Best Features of Online Shop Theme
- You get a slidable Featured section, with a responsive image slider and good slider options.
- Gives you good header options with sticky menu options, special menu options, and social icons
- It gives you custom widgets for WooCommerce and smooth integration.
- Has options to include Images (slider) and Videos on inner pages
- It is customizable with some good color options and Google Fonts.
12) WP Store WooCommerce Theme
WP Store is a simple looking and well designed free WooCommerce theme which will give the users a good shopping experience.
The theme is best suited for all kind web shops such as food and drinks, interiors, fashion, corporate, technology, accessories etc.
Best Features of WP Store Theme
- It has a Promotional Section and you can display product promo and news.
- It is customizable with homepage layouts – boxed and full-width layouts, advanced typography options and multiple color options.
- Give you an Image Slider for all pages and also an attractive CTA button.
- The Pro version of this theme gives you more layout options, pre-designed templates, multiple Slider Options and some other useful plugin integrations.
Best Customer Support for WooCommerce Shop
Customer support is an essential factor for the success of an ecommerce business. When you provide better support than your competitors, you get loyal customers and also establish yourself as a brand. Here are some tools for delivering the best customer support for your WooCommerce shop.
Helpie FAQ – Free plugin
Helpie FAQ is the best way to answer your customer’s most nagging questions. It can be integrated with WooCommerce to create FAQ – Questions and Answers section on your WooCommerce product pages.
Helpie Knowledge Base
Helpdesk is a necessary part of any business. Helpie Knowledge base plugin helps you create a customer self-help portal for your ecommerce site. It reduces your support load by assisting customers in finding the answers they need and reduces your support load and the number of support emails you get.
Both these plugins work well with any decently coded themes which include the themes on this list.
What do you think about this list? Have you tried any of free themes? Do you have a theme suggestion? Tell us in the comments section.