Looking for the best Testimonial plugin for your WordPress site to improve your business conversion rate. In fact, you can use these amazing WordPress testimonial plugins to showcase your testimonials and increase your conversion rate and revenue today.
Have you noticed in yourself that you tend to buy a brand, go to a restaurant or choose a product something you have not known or used personally but only because it has been highly esteemed from your friends or you have heard good reviews about it though you don’t know them personally?
Yes, much of our purchasing decisions come from social proof. We all have this tendency to believe someone’s experience over something will be the same for us either positive or negative.
Note: if you’re yet to create a site see this tutorial to create a WordPress websites in less than 5 minutes.
How can Testimonial WordPress plugin help?
As Syed Balkhi wonderfully says, “Social proof is a psychological phenomenon where people conform to the actions of others under the assumption that those actions are reflective of the correct behavior.”
That’s 100% true for most of us. Moreover, do you know that what’s true of you is true of your customers either?
Yes, the one best thing that you can do to convert the visitors to customers is by adding social proof on your website. Even one recommendation that they see for your product/service will encourage them and give them a sense of confidence to trust you.
Yes, according to Nielsen research, “92% of people will trust a recommendation from a peer, and 70% of people will trust a recommendation from someone they don’t even know.”
Those recommendations can come in many forms, but we will be focusing here on one key thing which is adding testimonials. Adding testimonials will help build trust among your users and also boost your conversions tremendously.
Wikijob saw a 34% increase in conversions when they added just three simple testimonial quotes on their homepage. Also, Hotel Institute Montreaux increased sign-ups by 50% by merely adding a testimonial on their landing page.
Having been convinced of the importance of adding testimonials to your site, now let’s dive into the best testimonial plugins for WordPress – 2020
1. StarCat Reviews
One of the most difficult parts of testimonials is getting them and the StarCat Reviews plugin solves this for you. It is a WordPress reviews plugin that encourages more customers to give reviews.
The key to optimizing testimonials for conversion is that you get the best testimonials from your customers. So to get the best reviews from your customers you should use StarCat Reviews plugin.
Why should you use StarCat Reviews for your site?
Customizable Review Form – can customize the review for to match your purpose and optimize it to get maximum reviews
Review Reply – you can reply to the reviews and it helps keep a good relationship with customers
Review Moderation – after a customer submits a review, it must be moderated before being displayed. So you can remove fake and useless reviews
Search and Sort Reviews – your customer can search the reviews or even sort through the Most Helpful, Recent and Most Positive Reviews
Show Ratings in Google Search Results – Google has changed their policy for showing star ratings in rich snippets. If you only have testimonials in your page, star ratings will not be seen in Google. But with this plugin you can display your business ratings in Google search results.
Also See: the best WordPress review plugins
2. Strong Testimonials – WordPress Plugin:Strong Testimonials is a free testimonial plugin for WordPress that helps you to create eye catching testimonial easily. It has 100,00+ active install and many 5-star ratings. There is also a Strong Testimonials Pro version that comes with Professional templates, Schema.org Markup , Custom Form Fields in user submission forms, and many powerful testimonial features.
Why Strong Testimonials is one of the best testimonial plugins for WordPress?
- Client testimonials can be easily added using their editor where you could add the Testimonial title, the testimonial in the content area and assign it to a specific category. Client details such as their name, email, company name, etc.. could also be added there itself. The featured image can be used to attach your client’s pictures.
- You can create a front-end form for your users to add a testimonial and can insert it anywhere on your site using their shortcode or widget.
- You could easily arrange the fields in which the testimonial form should appear using drag and drop. You could also add any custom fields which you want to appear in the form and can also change the properties of it like the order, table, and placeholder.
- You can display in masonry or grid format. You can also show it as a slideshow in a testimonial carousel
- It is so simple enough that beginners could easily grab hold of the use and feel of the plugin. It is also flexible enough for the developers to create their own custom templates.
- User submission feature in the free version
- Excellent customer support. Most of their five-star rating is for their customer support.
Cons:Honestly, I don’t find any negatives with this plugin and seems to be the best in this category. They had some issue with responsiveness, but I believe that should have also been taken care of by the author.
- Powerful Free version
- Basic – $49 for 1-site with limited Pro features
- Plus – $79 for 3-sites with full features
- Business – $79 for 25-sites with full features
- Agency – $79 for Unlimited sites with full features
3. Testimonial Pro – Testimonial Slider Plugin for WordPressTestimonial Pro is one of the best Testimonial Slider plugins for WordPress built to display testimonials, reviews or quotes in multiple ways on anywhere on the website you want. The plugin comes with the easiest shortcode generator and a clean setting panel so that you can easily build an awesome, unique testimonial showcase on your website. In addition, the latest web technologies are used in this plugin and made it as a complete solution for the testimonial showcase. Undoubtedly, it is a great choice as a Premium Plugin in the testimonial showcase for WordPress based websites.
Why Testimonials Pro is one of the best testimonials plugins for WordPress?
- Display testimonials is different layouts such as Slider, Grid, Masonry, Filter, and List Layouts and also has 100+ Layout Customisation options
- Has a Shortcode Generator with 200+ Visual Customisation Options
- Rich Snippets or Structured Data compatible
- Front-End Submission form available to Collect Testimonials
- Google reCAPTCHA for Testimonial Form spam protection.
- Testimonial Pending in Dashboard for approval
- Has a Testimonial Thumbnail Slider (carousel)
- 14+ Testimonial input fields that includes with Video Testimonials
- Advanced typography with 950+ Google Fonts
- WPML and translation ready
- It is super-fast, light-weight and optimized for SEO
- Fully responsive layout and easy to customize and use.
- All types of testimonial fields are included
- Highly customizable with 200+ visual customization options
- Simple shortcode to display anywhere you want.
- All extra-ordinary features are included in the Pro version only.
- Some limited features are available in the free version.
- So, you have to upgrade to the Pro version if you want to get all features.
- Feature-rich free version
- Personal (Single Site) – $39.00
- Business (Up to 5 Sites) – $139.00
- Agency (Unlimited Sites) – $299.00
4. Easy Testimonials Pro – WordPress Plugin:Easy Testimonails Pro plugin as the name suggests gives you a quick and easy way to display testimonsials on your WordPress site. This plugin is very simple to use and highly customizable This is one of my favorite testimonial plugins of all the plugin I used as I found this one to be more comfortable and easily understandable. There is a Easy Testimonils free version which is one of the best free testimoisal plugins for WordPress and it has about 30,000+ active installs.
Why Easy Testimonials Pro is one of the best testimonial plugins for WordPress?
- For users who love Gutenberg editor there are 5+ custom Gutenberg blocks to add testimonsials
- Can either insert a pre-set list of testimonials, output a random testimony or even display a slideshow of testimonials anywhere on your website
- You can link your testimonials to a specific page such a product page on your site
- Create a front-end testimonial form using their testimonial form builder for users to submit their testimonial, and also create multiple forms using their builder
- Testimonial notification can be enabled which will send an e-mail notification when a new testimonial is submitted
- It supports more than 100+ different professional designed themes for impressive front-end display.
- The style customization it allows like customizing the font, size, and color is enormous
- It also has some advanced features like Import and export features, where you could import and export your testimonials easily
- Pro version is a bit costlier compared to other plugins.
- User submission form is also not available in the free version,
- It sometimes slows down the website load time when many testimonials are added.
- Free version
- $59 for a single site
- $199 for 2-5 sites.
- $599 for unlimited sites
5. Thrive Ovation Testimonial Plugin:
Thrive Ovation is an all in one testimonial management plugin rather than just displaying. While every other plugin has just focused on displaying testimonials well, thrive ovation has focused on every aspect from gathering, managing, and showcasing the best testimonials at the right place.
After trying all the plugins in this, I was impressed by the Thrive Ovation plugin. I would even like to write a Thrive Ovation review. But that’s for another day.
Why Thrive Ovation is one of the best testimonails plguins for WordPress?
- You can transform the WordPress comments into testimonials in just one click. Thrive Ovation will automatically grab all the vital information such as the name and the picture of the WordPress comment to insert as a testimonial on your sales page.
- Thrive ovation is also integrated with Facebook and Twitter where you can just transform the comments you get into a ready to insert testimonial by just a click.
- They also have a Thrive content builder where you can choose the number of testimonials to display, the color scheme, and you can customize almost every detail to fit your brand.
- Using Thrive ovation, you can collect testimonials on autopilot, where you can send an automated message to your customers asking for feedback and testimonials using a dedicated testimonial form.
- Has powerful features which no plugins in this category have
- Big advantage of using Thrive Ovation is the dynamically displayed testimonials. This will allow you to have sales pages that stay up-to-date with the latest testimonials
- This plugin has wholly covered all aspects from collecting testimonials, managing them and displaying them
- The only thing I could say for the sake of including a disadvantage may be that they don’t have a free version. Still, this plugin is worth every of your money.
- $39 for 1-site license
- $47 for 5-sites licenses
- $97 for 15-sites licenses
6. Testimonial Slider – WordPress Plugin
Key Features of Testimonial Slider:
- For any testimonial, you can add detailed info about the author, including the name, position, company name, logo, website URL, and add a photo for higher trust.
- You can also add the author’s Facebook and Twitter URL in their testimonial to make your testimonials trustworthy and reliable.
- They have two layouts; one is the slider to display your testimonials as a part of some page, and grid if there is a whole page devoted to testimonials on your site.
- They have six different templates where you could use as a single template for client stories or tiled templates for multiple testimonials.
- The customizing is so easy and fast. They have a very user-friendly editor where no coding will be required
- Price is much cheaper
Only a limited number of features are available. Many more critical features should be added.
- $22 for 6-months support
- $28.38 for 12-months support
7. WP Testimonials with Rotator Widget:WP Testimonials is one of the best free testimonial plugins for WordPress that comes with a rotator widget to add and display multiple testimonials.
Key Features of WP Testimonials:
- Grid and slider layout to display testimonials
- Front end submission form available
- 20+ different grid and slider designs.
- Has a Star rating system
- You can adjust the slider autoplay and speed interval
- Display testimonial by category wise
- Sort the testimonial order by ascending or descending order
- Very simple and easy to use
- You can add custom CSS to overwrite plugin CSS
- Fully responsive
- 100% multi-language
- You cannot display testimonials for multiple categories.
- Some basic features like adding an excerpt and linking to a full-page, masonry layout is missing.
- You cannot get the testimonial plugin alone from them. You have to purchase their whole bundle, which will be very expensive for many.
- $89/yr for unlimited sites
- $169 Lifetime support and updates for unlimited sites
8. Testimonials Showcase – WordPress Plugin:
Testimonials Showcase is another excellent testimonial plugin for WordPress sole in Codecanyon which will let you display testimonials, reviews, or quotes in multiple ways.
Key Features fo Testimonials Showcase:
- Display the testimonials or reviews in a Grid format or Slider format where you could also control the transition effect, the number of entries to display in each slide and much more
- Can also include a link in the image or in the subtitle or in the read more link which will lead to a single page entry for that particular testimonial
- It also has a powerful shortcode generator with advanced query options and 10+ visual customization options
- It is also compatible with gravatar which could be used for your client’s image when they add their testimony.
- You can also use the star rating system in your testimonial
- The price is decidedly lower.
- The advanced linking options they provide will be extremely helpful for people who are doing case studies.
- They are also compatible with Rich snippets which will help you to display the information in the search engine results page.
- No free version is available. Only Pro.
- Some useful features like custom fields, import, and export, are missing.
- $19 for 6-month support
- $24.25 for a 12-month support
9. Testimonials Showcase for Visual Composer Plugin:
Testimonials Showcase for the visual composer is the best plugin to display testimonials and reviews using WP Bakery page builder.
Key Features of Testimoniald Showcase:
- Fully compatible with the WP Bakery page builder
- You have 10+ different predefined responsive themes which you can choose from to display the front-end
- Has 10+ different options for sliders, like Items per slider, nav buttons, responsive, etc,
- Has 3 pagination themes and 18 Animation slide in and 18 Animation slide ou
- Rich Snippets integrated
- Customizations they allow is really massive. You can customize your testimonials with the desired color from their predefined ten trendy colors to better fit in your website.
- Filtering showcase feature is really impressive where you could filter the testimonials in any way you wish.
- Very narrow customer segment.
- Quite confusing in the beginning to get a hold of it.
- $18 for 6-month support
- $22.88 for 12-month support
Also See: Elementor Pro Review