Want to improve your eCommerce store navigation and usability by displaying your product categories and sub-categories into accordions in the sidebar and other areas? You can use a WooCommerce category accordion plugin to achieve this. We give the best WooCommerce category accordion plugins of 2020, both free and premium.
With these plugins, you can display the WooCommerce categories list in Dropdown Accordions in the sidebar. Some plugins also allow WooCommerce nested categories and allow you to display them using a widget or shortcode.
Pro Tip: An easy way to get more sales and conversions for your WooCommerce store is to show professional product reviews and you can achieve this using StarCat Reviews plugin.
If you’re knew to WordPress, you can easily create an eCommerce website in WordPress with less than 5 minutes.
Best WooCommerce Category Accordion Plugins – 2020 – Premium
There are some good premium plugins with good features to create WooCommerce category accordions. Let’s see them:
YITH WooCommerce Category Accordion
YITH WooCommerce Category Accordion plugin offers good usability by allowing you to manage the product categories and sub-categories which you want to include or exclude when displaying them in accordions. It provides a nice accordion menu for WooCommerce categories.
Best Features of YITH WooCommerce Category Accordion plugin
- Allows to add accordion menu is WordPress Sidebar and WooSidebars with options to show only pages you need using a widget
- You can customize the colors of the accordions and has 5 customizable styles that are helpful in branding
- Has a very useful category sorting options and you can sort my categories by ID, Name, WooCommerce Order, and Count
- You can easily select the categories to be shown
- Offers multiple options arrange the WooCommerce categories
- Can Hide empty categories in accordion
- Show your accordion with all categories closed
- Can keep the subcategories open when the user is visiting the parent categories
YITH WooCommerce Category Accordion plugin starts from $49.99 for a single domain
WooCommerce Category Accordion plugin by TechieResource
If you want to easily add a WooCommerce category accordion as a widget or shortcode then the WooCommerce Category Accordion plugin by TechieResource is a good option. It allows you to list WooCommerce product categories and subcategories into a vertical accordion with expanding or collapse options.
Best Features of WooCommerce Category Accordion plugin
- Offers 9+ color schemes and 14+ Font Awesome Icons for easy brand customization
- Has easy to use shortcode that can be modified on a TinyMCE editor and used on any post or page
- Supports Click and Hover type events with Toggle and Continuous collapse options
- Allows you to highlight the current product parent category and subcategory
- It’s only $20 with lifetime updates that make it affordable.
- It does not have the option to Include categories but only to exclude. If you have a large number of categories this would be a problem.
- Some customers have reported the support as poor.
WooCommerce Category Accordion plugin is sold in CodeCanyon at $20 for 6 months support and support can be extended for $5.63
Alse see: the best WooCommerce themes
ZF WordPress Category Accordion plugin
ZF WordPress Category Accordion plugin allows showing the WordPress and WooCommerce categories as accordions using a shortcode or a widget. It also supports Easy Digital Downloads and WP-eCommerce.
Best Features of ZF WordPress Category Accordion plugin
- Accordions are customizable with 7 color schemes
- Can Include or Exclude any categories
- Allows display accordions menu in any page
- Can limit the number of categories/pages
- Allows the expansion of 1st level child of the active category
ZF WordPress Category Accordion plugin is sold in CodeCanyon at $25 for 6 months support and support can be extended for $7.50
Best Free WooCommerce Category Accordion Plugins – 2020
YITH WooCommerce Category Accordion Free
YITH WooCommerce Category Accordion Free is a free WordPress plugin that gives you a practical toggle accordion to choose exactly where you want to go, both from WordPress and WooCommerce categories.
Main features of YITH WooCommerce Category Accordion Free plugin:
- Gives you a widget using which you can show the category accordions in any widgetized areas
- Can show WordPress and WooCommerce categories and subcategories
- Has a vertical menu accordion
- It highlights the current category
- Can display accordions Closed or Open
Woocommerce Sidebar Category Accordion
Woocommerce Sidebar Category Accordion is a free plugin to add Woocommerce categories in the sidebar. It supports unlimited subcategories. The current category will be expanded when the page is loads. It has basic styling and additional styling and colors can be done through your themes CSS editor.
WPB Accordion Menu or Category
WPB Accordion Menu or Category is a free WordPress plugin to add WordPress category accordions. It is optimized for WooCommerce to be used as a WooCommerce category accordion plugin. It comes with nice animation effects and can setup icons in accordion easily. Has integrations with Elementor page builder and give you 2 custom Elementor widgets for showing the menu and categories accordion in the Elementor page.
Its Menu – WordPress Category Accordion Menu
Its Menu is a free WordPress Category Accordion Menu plugin. It allows selecting a custom WordPress menu or any taxonomy like categories, post tags, WooCommerce product category, etc., as a source for accordion menus. Can display your menu using WordPress widgets or shortcodes. Has 6 skins in the free version and more in the pro version.
How to Add WooCommerce Product Categories to MenuTo add WooCommerce Product Categories to your Menu, you may be looking for a woocommerce categories menu plugin. But you don’t need any because you can do this easily. Go to Appearance → Menus. In this page go to Screen Options and tick the checkbox of Product Categories. This will give you an option to add product categories to your menu. Add all the Product Categories and Subcategories that you have to your menu. You can also use it with a Mega Menu plugin to add product categories to the mega menu in your WooCommerce site.
How to Add WooCommerce Categories to PageYou can do this in several ways. The easiest way to go is to use the WooCommerce category shortcode. WooCommerce Category Shortcode There are 2 shortcodes to display your product categories on any page
- [product_category] – to display products in a specified product category
- [product_categories] – to display all your product categories
Using a WooCommerce Category Listing pluginThere is a WooCommerce Category Showcase plugin to beautifully showcase the various WooCommerce product categories. With this plugin you can choose to display only the select product categories.
How to Hide WooCommerce CategoriesWhen you have hundreds and thousands of product categories you would want to hide a few WooCommerce categories. You can do this using the Hide Categories On Shop Page plugin to hide the product categories you want.
Did you find this plugins list useful? Which Category accordion plugin are you using? Do you want to suggest another plugin? Let us know in the comments section.