The Ecommerce revolution across the globe has paved a new way for both the merchants as well as the consumers to exchange products online. It has also given many traditional business owners a new way to reach their end consumers.
If you also own a business and sell the products of some kind, you might be wondering –
How can I have my own business website to sell products online?
Indeed, buying a responsive, customer-friendly e-commerce website is a work of art. It’s because there are so many aspects you need to consider, be it web design, color symmetry, styling, CRO, pagination and much else. However, there is one way to make things simpler for you – Opt for a suitable WordPress Ecommerce theme.
WordPress is a quite popular CMS all around the world for the ease of managing both the frontend and backend of an e-commerce website. Plus, there are both free as well as paid WordPress Ecommerce themes available to match your business-specific needs.
Wondering which WordPress Ecommerce theme you should choose for your business website? Let’s talk about more about them here:
Best Free WordPress Ecommerce Themes – 2020
If you own a small business through which you sell a handful of products, buying a full-fledged Ecommerce website with advanced features does not make sense at the very start.
Instead, you need a simple WordPress Ecommerce theme that has the basic features required to put your online store up and running. ShopIsle has it all to support your business needs.
It is an attractive free WordPress theme designed to build Ecommerce stores. As a whole, it features a combination of minimal styled elements that work well for all kinds of online stores, be it clothing, electronics, shoes or others.
Prime Features of ShopIsle theme:
- Compatible with plugins such as WPML, Photo Gallery Grid, Contact Form 7, Meta Slider, JetPack and other major plugins
- Page builder friendly theme that works well with many famous WordPress page builders such as Elementor, SiteOrigin, Beaver, Divi, WPBakery and more
- Comes with a powerful, and user-friendly Mega Menu
- Can set Custom backgrounds with Images, Videos, and Sliders
- Comes with a 1-Minute easy to setup & demo import
- SEO friendly, Translation and RTL Ready
- Get frequent updates
In terms of Ecommerce websites, one typical lag that often arises is of their performance and speed. Think of it as an online buyer. You wouldn’t want to buy a product from a website that takes a long time to open in the browser.
Because of a wide range of products and website architecture, many Ecommerce websites are slow in performance.
It would be great if you could eliminate this possible problem from the very fast. There is Customify to help you out. It is a fast, lightweight theme built by keeping in mind the speed and usability of e-commerce websites. It is a flexible, multipurpose free theme that you can use to make your business website.
Prime Features of Customify theme:
- Easily build a customized Header and Footer with an exclusive builder
- Works well with several page builders, be it Elementor, Beaver Builder, Thrive, Architect, Divi, Visual Composer, or SiteOrigin
- Best suited for online shops, business agencies, corporate portfolio, and other websites
- Deep integration with WooCommerce plugin and compatible with OrbitFox, BuddyPress, bbPress and more
- Has a site library with demo sites that come to be imported
- Easy to include SEO benefits using Yoast plugin
- As the name suggests it is easy to customize as per your liking
Not all businesses sell products online. There are freelancers and agencies offering services to a diverse clientele, but not selling any product. However, many service providers often start selling products once they have built a considerable audience for their websites.
If you work as a freelancer or having a service-based agency, you can start selling some niche-specific products to your target audience using the Airi WordPress Ecommerce theme.
It is a powerful, flexible theme for a business website with numerous customization opportunities. It is one of the perfect free themes to start a website from scratch, without worrying much about the cost implications.
Prime Features of Airi theme:
- Quick and easy Elementor integration, can customize all the layouts Elementor plugin
- Has smooth integration with WooCommerce plugin
- Powerful theme customizer to change colors, set fonts and do much more
- Ease to switch fonts with free access to a selection of Google Fonts
- Comes with importable premade demos
- 100% translation ready
Concerning the website design and development, you might have heard this statement –
All popular Ecommerce websites are responsive and look great on all devices.
Some people think of the term ‘responsive’ differently than they should.
A responsive Ecommerce website is the one that looks perfectly attractive on all devices. It is one feature that can help you target mobile consumers towards your business website. But if you want your online store to be built on a WordPress Ecommerce theme, you must choose a responsive theme.
ShopStore is a sleek, responsive WordPress theme that can empower your website with all the Ecommerce features and functionalities you need. It comes with an attractive design and product display options to help you design an online store the way you want.
Prime Features of ShopStore theme:
- Suitable for all shop types, including fashion, sport or furniture
- Compatible with WPBakery, Elementor, Brizy, Beaver Builder, Visual Composer, SiteOrigin, Divi, and many other page builders
- Has a custom Registration page, custom Headers, custom Blog Layouts, and Custom Tabs in the product page
- Easy to create additional layouts and pages
- 600+ Google Fonts included
- Unlimited color and typography options
A common factor that determines the growth of all Ecommerce business website is the extent to which a user feels engaged. After all, it is more about selling products and attracting more customers for continued business value.
When you decide to create an Ecommerce website based on a theme, you get the responsibility to choose the right theme. It should have all the elements required to keep the visitors engaged on the website to ensure a high ROI.
In that sense, eStore is one of the best WordPress Ecommerce themes available for free.
Prime Features of eStore theme:
- Fully compatible with WooCommerce, YITH WooCommerce wishlist, and other extensions
- Has a template collection to showcase products in a single page
- Can add custom colors to your post categories and product categories and provides 15+ color schemes
- Comes with 10+ widget areas and 12+ custom widgets
- Has a category and product slider widget to highlight your important products
- SEO-optimized and WPML compatible
Best Premium WordPress Ecommerce Themes – 2020
Free WordPress Ecommerce themes come with basic features. To add more Ecommerce-centric features to your website, you need some of the best premium Ecommerce themes, such as:
Flatsome is a multipurpose, responsive WooCommerce theme that has great user experience with a large built-in library of useful elements and 300+ predefined layouts.
Not every business website looks the same. That’s because each one is based on a unique web page design as chosen by the business owner. In custom web design, everything is created from scratch. It also means you cannot tell your designers to create tens of themes for you, out of which you will make a choice.
What about buying a premium WordPress Ecommerce theme that comes with hundreds of theme options?
Prime Features of Flatsome theme:
- Can be integrated with Mailchimp, Contact Form 7, and Gutenberg (block) editor
- Extremely flexible with a built-in Drag and Drop page builder and can be used for any kind of shop or product pages
- Gives you unlimited Header and Footer options with Multi-column Dropdowns menus, add a Mini-cart to the header, an Off-canvas menu, and a transparent footer
- Create beautiful sliders and banners with the Page Builder
- Has a built-in slider and banner system and a live search bar for products
- Full control on typography with 700+ Google Fonts
- Translation ready theme translated in 12+ languages and RTL supported
Building and running an Ecommerce website is more about building trust with the end consumers. After all, it is what makes them loyal to a brand.
Similarly, the WordPress Ecommerce theme you choose must be reliable enough to support your business. Running on top in terms of trust and reliability, Shopkeeper is a fully responsive premium WooCommerce theme developed by elite authors. It gets regularly updated as per the continuous development cycle and is low in maintenance.
It comes with great layout designs and extensive functionalities to give wings to your business website.
Prime Features of Shopkeeper theme:
- Has a Transparent Header with page-specific Color Schemes
- Gives you 3 Modern blog layouts – Classic, Masonry, Modern, and multiple product page layouts
- Adjustable Font Sizes & Colors with 700+Google Fonts integration and free Adobe Typekit integration add-on
- Premium plugins WPBakery page builder and Slider Revolution worth $90 included in this theme
- Also compatible with Elementor and WPML
One crucial aspect of running an Ecommerce business is to deliver an unmatched experience. A smooth, hurdle-free shopping experience makes people come for more and results in high referrals as well.
WoodMart is a premium WooCommerce theme optimized to provide a seamless user experience. Its latest version comes with a built-in wishlist which you would need to add through additional plugin otherwise.
It is compatible and provides deeps integrations with the latest version of WooCommerce to create stunning Ecommerce websites for all business niches.
Prime Features of WoodMart:
- Has 61+ unique demo sites that can be imported with 1-click
- Easy to choose between 4 website layouts and three sidebar positions
- Also has 300+ templates, 16 unique product pages, and 14 shop pages
- Drag and drop header layout builder
- Shop links and widgets backed by AJAX technology
- Comes bundled with Revolution Slider and WPBakery page builder
- Compatible with multi-vendor plugins like Dokan and WCFM Marketplace plugins
Premium Ecommerce themes come with a wide variety of features included in them to deliver the best results. It often happens that people require additional paid plugins to add business-specific features to the website.
Wondering if you can get a WordPress Ecommerce theme which comes with several paid plugins included in it?
XStore is the name you are looking for. It is the responsive, multipurpose WooCommerce theme to create a professional-looking store.
Prime Features of XStore theme:
- Has 87+ unique shop demos sites that can be imported with 1-click
- Includes premium plugins worth $304 such as GMAPS, Smart Product Viewer 360, Yellow Pencil Editor, Subcriptio WooCommerce, WZone Amazon affiliates, Infinite Scroll & AJAX pagination Revolution Slider, WPBakery page builder and more
- Comes with impressive Hover effects and Catalog Mode
- Compatible with multi-vendor plugins such as Woozone, Dokan, WC Marketplace, and Product Vendors
- Has a drag & drop layout builder for Single product page
- Comes included with 200+ PSD files to create a shop of your imagination
- Supports multiple languages with WPML
The next-level scalability of an Ecommerce website lies in becoming a marketplace portal. It is where multiple vendors start to sell through your website, and you need not maintain stock of any product at your end.
Transforming an Ecommerce website into a marketplace portal is a tough task as there are so many functional valued to be added to it. However, things can become easier if your website theme has been designed for marketplace features.
If you have plans to turn your Ecommerce website into a marketplace, Marketo is a good choice and so it can also be called as a multi-vendor WooCommerce theme.
Prime Features of Marketo theme:
- Comes with 11+ Home page designs and 8+ Header variations
- Includes Smooth Animations and Parallax effect
- Gives you unlimited colors, 800+ Google Fonts, Font Awesome 400+ icons, and 200+ line icons
- Smooth integrations with Elementor page builder and built with Kirki Customizer
- Deep integration with Dokan multivendor plugin
- Includes a Social Login plugin and compatible with Contact Form 7 and WPML plugins
Did you like our list of best WordPress Ecommerce themes – 2020? Which one is your favorite? Are there any other good Ecommerce themes that you would like to suggest. Tell us in the comments section.