Do you want to create an online marketplace for products and services using WordPress? Looking for the best WordPress marketplace plugins for your multi-vendor marketplace? We have everything related to the WordPress marketplace in this article.
The eCommerce sphere across the globe is dominated by giant marketplaces where sellers can register to sell their products to a wide range of audiences. Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Alibaba, Newegg, Jet, etc., to name a few are some of the most popular marketplaces in the world visited by millions of customers every year.
Create an Online Marketplace with WordPress
WordPress, being a versatile CMS software can be used to build websites of diverse kinds, simple or complex, including online marketplaces. A lot of people do not know that one can create a marketplace portal using WordPress. They think this WordPress is good only for small websites with less complicated functionalities, which is not true.
To extend the basic functionalities of WordPress and build a robust, fully functional marketplace portal, you need some of the best WordPress marketplace plugins from its plugin’s library.
Just like there are numerous feature-rich WordPress marketplace themes to be used, there are several marketplaces plugins as well. They are simply the bundles packed by functions like product management, inventory management, commission settings, and much else.
Finding the best plugins for your marketplaces built with WordPress is not as easy as it may seem. However, you need not fret. Here are five handpicked WordPress marketplace plugins – 2023 that you can choose for your online marketplace website.
WCFM Marketplace is a free and popular WordPress marketplace plugin that works with WooCommerce for creating an online marketplace. It has 30,000+ active installations and has received ratings of 4.7 out of 5 stars from 338 users.
You can create a multi-vendor marketplace website such as Amazon, eBay, etsy, Flipkart, etc,.
It works as a free marketplace module for WCFM – Frontend Manager for WooCommerce plugin that allows you to manage your WooCommerce store from the frontend.
Key Features of WCFM – Multi-vendor Marketplace for WooCommerce
- Give a frontend store experience for both Admin and Vendors in your marketplace
- Seamless integration with 40+ major WordPress and WooCommerce plugins such as WooCommerce Bookings, WooCommerce Subscriptions, WooCommerce Simple Auctions, YITH Request a Quote Premium, Wholesale Prices, FooEvents, Fancy Product Designer, and some other plugins
- Extensive payout options that you can choose from 100+ Payment Gateways such as Stripe, Stripe Split Pay, PayPal, PayPal Direct Pay, PayFast, PayStack, MangoPay, and many more
- Allow sellers to manage their business using free seller mobile app known as WCFM Store Manager and if your marketplace is based on shipping and delivery you can use the free WCFM Delivery App
- Comes with powerful marketplace features such as Flexible Commissions, Versatile withdrawal opinions with reverse withdrawal, Single product multi-vendor, Ledger book, Flexible Shipping management and more
WCFM Marketplace comes with some useful add-ons such as:
- WCFM Marketplace Integrate Elementor – this plugin allows you to design your marketplace with Elementor page builder
- Migrate to WooCommerce Multi-vendor Marketplace – this plugins helps you migrate from other WordPress marketplace plugins such as Dokak, WC Marketplace, WooCommerce and WooCommerce Product Vendors to WCFM Marketplace
- WooCommerce Multi-vendor Marketplace – REST API – this plugin helps to get and send product, order and other data to your marketplace from other mobile apps or websites using HTTP Rest API request.
WCFM Marketplace Pricing:
The main marketplace plugin is free and there are some premium extensions for WCFM.
There is a WCFM – Ultimate Bundle that comes with all the premium extensions such as WCFM Affiliate, WCFM Analytics, WCFM Product Hub, WCFM Group & Staff and WCFM Delivery.
They charge you,
Dokan WordPress Marketplace Plugin
Dokain Multivendor plugin is one of the best WordPress marketplace plugins, to help build your own marketplace in the least time possible. Dokan is a WooCommerce multivendor marketplace plugin that means it works with WooCommerce plugin.
Key Features of Dokan Marketplace Plugin:
- Gives vendors a front-end dashboard to easily add and edit their products
- Both yourself and other vendors can sell products online through your Ecommerce marketplace with Dokan
- It reduces the development time considerably, which is critical in every marketplace development project
- Vendors can check and use detailed sales reports that are automatically generated through Dokan
- Also, there is a free Dokan Lite Marketplace plugin with some basic features which let’s you test this plugin on your website before buying the plugin
- Allows the vendors to personalize their dashboards the way they want
- Vendors can easily manage special offers for each product they sell
- Compatible with most of the WooCommerce themes
Some customers have complained about bad customer support experience. Could be a problem if you’re a beginner and would need lot of support to setup your Ecommerce marketplace.
Dokan WordPress Multivendor Marketplace – Pricing:
Besides the Dokan Lite Marketplace free plugin, there are 2 pricing plans.
The pricing starts from $199/per year for the Starter plan.
It is available in multiple versions such as Starter, Professional, Business and Enterprise; which you can choose as per your requirement.
Also See – Best WordPress eCommerce Themes
YITH WooCommerce Multi Vendor – Marketplace Plugin
YITH WooCommerce Multi Vendor – Marketplace plugin is another WordPress marketplace plugin based on WooCommerce. It is an easy and simple way to turn your Ecommerce website into an online marketplace, then YITH has the best solution for you.
From a simple marketplace website, to as complex as a marketplace with high number of products from different suppliers, this WordPress marketplace plugin could help you.
Key Features of YITH WooCommerce Multi Vendor – Marketplace Plugin:
- One of the best things about this plugin is that you can choose the commission rates freely
- Assign different commission rates to the each vendor shops and even to the products
- Allow vendors to add and edit their own products by which you can avoid the pending status until the Admin approval
- Vendors can create discount Coupons and you can give them freedom to offer discounts or deals to customers and you can choose to calculate the commission for the discounted total or not
- You can pay your vendors automatically or manually through PayPal and Stripe payments and also through banks using IBAN/BIC (mainly for Europeans)
- Allows to create elaborate vendor profile by adding contact details and social network profiles gathered in a customizable header
- You can show address and the Google Map location for each vendor / shop.
- Each vendor can have multiple administrators to help in the management of their shop.
It does not have a front-end dashboard for vendors by default but you need an additional plugin called YITH Frontend Manager, for which you have to pay extra.
YITH WooCommerce Multi Vendor – Marketplace Plugin – Pricing:
They charge you $149.99/ per year for a single site and multi-site licenses are also available.
WC Vendors – WordPress Multivendor Marketplace plugin
WC Vendors is a popular WordPress marketplace plugin you would find in the free plugin library. It has been trusted and used by more than 10,000+ users because of the amazing features and functionalities it supports.
Key Features of WC Vendors WordPress Marketplace plugin:
- Easily add vendors to your marketplace who want to sell physical or downloadable products
- Has a user-friendly front-end dashboard through this plugin, which is important for vendors to sell through your marketplace portal
- Can set your commission rates to be charged to the vendors in just a few simple steps
- Vendors can customize the design of their store on your marketplace, to a limited extent
- It includes a comprehensive shipping module using which the vendors can manage their logistics quite easily
- With WC Vendors it is easy to create separate vendor stalls or stores on your marketplace with unique URLs. This will help the vendors to build their web presence
- There is a free WC Vendors Marketplace plugin with limited but practical features with which you can create a simple marketplace
- You can give the listed vendors detailed reports related to the sales that happen, the commission they have paid, the profits and similar other data points using this plugin. These reports will help them in making business growth strategies
- It also automatically notifies the vendors for every new order, thus helping them in making quick sale decisions
Creating a vendor account is a time-consuming process using this plugin.
WC Vendors WordPress Marketplace Pro – Pricing:
There are 2 pricing plans available for WC Vendors Marketplace Pro plugin,
- $199 for 1 year of support and updates
- $399 for Lifetime of support and updates
Also See: Best Real Estate WordPress Themes
WordPress WooCommerce Multivendor Plugin by Webkul
If you are already having an eCommerce website built with WooCommerce and want to convert it into a multivendor marketplace then, WordPress WooCommerce Multivendor plugin by Webkul is what you need.
Key Features of WordPress WooCommerce Multivendor Plugin:
- You can use this plugin to create a multi-functional marketplace.
- It gives the vendors a well-designed seller panel that they can use to add, edit or delete the products they want to sell online
- The marketplace ‘Admin’ can also manage the products sold on your website and set commission rates for each vendor easily
- Can assign different products to different sellers for sale using this plugin
- This plugin supports the flexibility to manage commissions you charge to the vendors
- Has a Webkul WordPress Marketplace Auction plugin as an add-on to give Auctioning capablity to your multivendor marketplace
- This plugin supports all types of products, physical or electronic, to be sold through the marketplace
- It becomes easy for vendors to manage orders and invoices
- You can even connect social networks to the marketplace for easy reach to the millions of social media users
- The design is practical but looks very old and basic
- Doesn’t have an intuitive interface so wouldn’t be easy to beginners
Webkul WordPress Marketplace Plugin- Pricing:
It is sold on CodeCanyon for $99 for a single domain.
Pro eCommerce Marketplace Business Tip
When you have multiple sellers in your marketplace especially if they’re selling the same or similar products and services, you should allow the customers to rate and review the sellers. You can add the seller review capability to your WordPress marketplace site with a WordPress review plugin.
Also you want display product related questions and answers to help your customers with a WordPress-WooCommerce FAQ plugin and you should have a customer knowledge base portal to reduce the customer support emails that you get.
The Bottom Line
Building a product or service marketplace portal using WordPress does require you to know about the best WordPress marketplace plugins you need, as detailed above.
So, look no further, choose a plugin that fits your needs and start building your Ecommerce multivendor marketplace.
Which plugin did you find useful? Have you tried any of these plugin? Tell us in the comments section.