You could have seen many online forums and discussion website like Reddit, 4Chan, Stackoverflow, Quora, etc., In fact, some of them have become a part of our everyday life.
Did you know that with WordPress, you can create an online forum by yourself? You can use the WordPress Forum Themes mentioned below to create your own online forum.
If you are new to WordPress, learn how to create a basic WordPress website before moving on to the themes.
Best WordPress Forum Themes – 2019
The WordPress themes mentioned below are full-fledged forum themes, so you don’t need additional plugins with them to create a WordPress forum.
ForumEngine – WordPress Forum Theme
ForumEngine is a forum styled community theme specifically for creating discussion forums with WordPress.
With ForumEngine theme, you can create all types of internet forums where users can interact with each other in many ways like questions, replying, posting topics, liking or disliking a topic, etc.,
Best Features of ForumEngine Theme
- It has good options for managing the forum. It also has individual profiles of users with images, basic info, and the number of comments and posts they made.
- There is a large top search-bar for quickly searching any topic with Ajax live search.
- It has a lot of customization options such as 8 built-in color schemes and unlimited color options, custom front-end controls, custom fonts & font sizes, custom login page, and more.
Answers is a Question & Answers WordPress Theme which enables you to create a Question & Answer portal. It does not work like a traditional WordPress forum theme which works on thread-like posts, but it is a simple one by one posts.
If you want to create a website like Yahoo Answers, Quora, or Stack Overflow, it is the right theme for you.
Best Features of Answers Theme
- Allow Logged in or Non-logged in users to ask questions
- You can charge for question submissions
- Highlight the “Best Answer”
- The theme can translate the answers
- The user gets a Frontend dashboard with the stats.
Best WordPress bbPress Themes – 2019
bbPress is one of the best WordPress Forum plugins available and widely used by WordPress users. It is a sister project of WordPress, and it works well with many of the WordPress plugins. It doesn’t have a modern look, so people try to use bbPress templates for better design. But it is good to go for bbPress themes because of the advantages.
For creating a WordPress forum website, you can use bbPress with any multipurpose WordPress themes. There are some themes which are developed specifically to be used along with bbPress. They are given in the list below.
Disputo – bbPress Theme
Disputo is a WordPress Forum Theme which is made to be used with bbPress plugin. It doesn’t just work with the bbPress forum; it elevates the looks of the forum. It comes with some native plugins which upgrade your forum with a ton of features.
Best Features of Disputo bbPress Theme
- Private Messaging within members
- Front-end Post Submission with User blogging.
- Custom pages for Login, Register and Lost password
- Has 4 different Blog layouts and Woocommerce page layouts ( 2 Columns + Sidebar, 2 Columns, 3 Columns, and 4 Columns )
- Facebook comments integration
Rhino – bbPress Theme
Rhino is a responsive WordPress theme for gaming and is made for bloggers who are interested in writing game reviews. The best thing about this theme is that it is integrated with bbPress plugin so that you can make a full-fledged gaming discussion hub along with the gaming reviews.
Best Features of Rhino – bbPress Theme
- It has a in-built newsletter system which sends automatic emails to subscribers when a new post is published.
- The theme contains a fully responsive Revolution slider
- Has integrated 30+ shortcodes for creating different sections on the home page such as testimonials, skills, services, team members partner list, and more.
- It is integrated with FontAwesome icons.
Forum – bbPress Theme
Forum is a modern theme for creating a WordPress forum site with the free bbPress plugin. It is a responsive and customizable WordPress theme with unlimited color schemes and gives you options to use Google fonts or custom typography.
Best Features of Forum – bbPress Theme
- It has multiple layouts and templates of Homepage, Blog page, Archive page, Search page, and 404 page.
- It gives you 5 Posts formats: standard, video, audio, gallery, and link.
- Has 6 custom widgets such as Featured, About us, Flickr Photos widget, Facebook Photos widget, Social Networks widget, and Popular / Latest Posts (Tabs) widget
- Compatible with other important WordPress plugins such as WooCommerce, MailChimp for WP, Contact Form 7, W3 Total Cache, and more.
Church and Events – bbPress Theme
Church and Event is an innovative WordPress theme designed for community sites such as fundraising sites, donation sites, political organization, conference, religious propagation, environmental, and more. It can be integrated with bbPress forum plugin to create a discussion forum to discuss the events which are mentioned on your website.
Best Features of Church and Events – bbPress Theme
- Gives you multiple layout options such as full-width layout, boxed layout, one-page style menu option, 20+ footer layouts and more
- Has more than 600 Google Fonts and 1200+ Premium icon set
- It comes integrated with user-friendly and intuitive Vamtam drag and drop builder for pages, blog posts, and portfolio posts
- It also supports other important WordPress plugins such as WooCommerce, The Event Calendar Pro, Filter Bar, WooTickets, QForm, and Community Events add-ons
Customer Support Forum Theme
Many tech companies use online forums for handling their customer support. If you want to create a customer support forum with WordPress, you need a customer self-help knowledge base for using with the forum.
You can use Helpie – the best WordPress knowledge base plugin, with bbPress plugin and any of the themes mentioned here to build an effective customer support forum to give the best answers to your customers.
If you want any custom integrations with Helpie knowledge base plugin for your support forum, the Helpie team is ready to build it for you! You can talk to us using the comments section or using the live chat option on this website.