Want to upgrade the product search in your WooCommerce store and give the best product search experience for your customers? Want to customize the WooCommerce search results page? We give you the best WooCommerce search plugins.
At the end of this article you will find the WooCommerce product search plugin that best suits your WooCommerce store.
WooCommerce Product Search
WooCommerce Product Search is quite important to ensure that the users can search for the products easily and without facing any obstacle, especially for WooCommerce websites that have hundreds or more products listed up for sale. WooCommerce does come with a search bar by default but it is very basic and it will only search from the product title and description.
If you want your WooCommerce store with a wide range of products to rank high in terms of UX, you need to work on providing advanced product search options. With the help of WooCommerce search plugins you can search in Product attributes, Tags, categories and more. You could also customize how the search results are displayed.
Here is a list of best WooCommerce product search plugins in 2023 (free and paid) for your online store:
Note: You might also allow customer to filter WooCommerce products to help them easily find the product they’re look for along with WooCommerce product search. So you might also want use the best WooCommerce product filter plugins along with search plugins.
Best WooCommerce Product Search Plugin Free
1. FiboSearch – Ajax Search for WooCommerce
FiboSearch – Ajax Search for WooCommerce is a free & advanced WooCommerce product search plugin that provides the best possible AJAX search experience for your WooCommerce store.
It provides fast search and live product suggestions that update immediately as soon as they type something into the search bar.
Key Features of FiboSearch – Ajax Search for WooCommerce:
- Allows to search products based on product Title, Description, Short Description and SKU
- Can be display product Image, Description, Price and SKU in the live search results
- You can also display product Categories, Tags and Brands as Search Suggestions.
- Saves the user’s Search History and comes with an Autocomplete option to help the customers in finding the products faster.
- Comes with Search Analytics to see what your customer search for and supports Google Analytics
Why is FiboSearch – AJAX Search for WooCommerce one of the best WooCommerce search plugins?
- It is optimized for performance and works well even if there are 100,000+ products in your store.
- Its the best plugin for multilingual sites as it supports translation plugins such as WPML, Polylang, TranslatePress and qTranslate-XT
- Support for WooCommerce search results page and allows grouping of instant search results by type
- Has a special mobile search mode
FiboSearch Pro Plugin
- The Pro version claims to have 10x fast search compared to the free version
- It extends the search to Custom Fields, Attributes, Categories, Tags, Brand and Variable Products
- Allows to set your own color scheme for the main form elements and suggestions and can add custom CSS to personalize search forms.
- Provides Fuzzy Search to match for type errors
2. Advanced Woo Search
Advanced Woo Search is a free WooCommerce search plugin with powerful product search and customization features for WooCommerce shops. It is packed with many useful features like search by product title, content, short description, SKU, tags, categories, ID, custom fields, attributes, taxonomies.
Key Features of Advanced Woo Search
- Enable / Disable Search Sources – can search from various sources such as title, content, ID, excerpt, SKU, tags, categories, attributes, variations, taxonomies and custom fields. You can choose to enable or disable the sources as you prefer
- Search Results customizations – you can customize the search results and choose the items displayed in the search results page
- Google Analytics integration – you can integrate it with Google Analytics and see what your customers are searching for in Google Analytics
Why Advanced Woo Search is one of the best WooCommerce search plugins?
- It has a powerful Pro version that comes with advanced search features such as include custom fields, custom taxonomies, users page, taxes and more in the product search and customize the layout of search results page
- Supports variable product and its variations.
- Has multilingual plugins support.
- Supports other 3rd party WooCommerce extensions
3. WooCommerce Product Search Plugin
If your customers have to wait for a long time to see the products they have searched for, they may leave your website to reach out to one of your competitors. At the other end, they would love to stay loyal to your website if the product search options bring instant results. WooCommerce product search is the plugin you need to make this happen.
Key Features of WooCommerce Product Search Plugin:
- Provides business Insights and Statistics to know what your customers are searching for
- Customers can search by product titles, categories, tags, SKU and many more
- Offers instant search results functionality to the websites
- Based on a logic that enhances the relevance of products as per the search queries, so you get improved the product search results
- Comes with an Advanced Control System to set the relevance of products and categories in the search results
- Shows the names of relevant products while a user is typing the search terms, thus making it easier for him to reach the product pages
Why is WooCommerce Product Search the best WooCommerce search plugin ?
- It is an official extension sold on WooCommerce.com, so you can expect best integration with WooCommerce plugin.
- Search results are derived based on the usage of searched keywords in the Title, Description, and Tags of listed products.
- You can place the search function anywhere on the website, without the constraint to set it in the website’s header only.
4. YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search Plugin
If your WooCommerce website has been designed to have multiple menus and product categories, it won’t be easy for the customers to find a specific product.
Well, what about giving the users suggestions for relevant products from your product inventory while they enter a keyword? YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search plugin can help you add this feature to your website.
Key Features of YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search:
- Has Ajax powered search to save the customers’ time spent on searching for products
- You can easily customize the search form based on your preferences
- Allows the users to choose filters while searching for products. Users can search within specific categories or tags and filter the results.
Why YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search is one of the best WooCommerce search plugins?
- There is a free YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search version plugin with some limited features which is enough to create a simple search box that shows you instant search results.
- The premium version, can show the product Images, Description, Price, and also promotional Badges in the search results.
- Gives you customers a hassle-free user experience while buying from the website. As a result, it increases sales and conversions.
Pro Tip: Besides using the product search in WooCommerce sidebar, you can also display product categories in Accordions for best customer experience.
5. Smart WooCommerce Search (Free)
The Smart WooCommerce Search is a free WooCommerce product search plugin that comes with instant AJAX WooCommerce search. It is a great WooCommerce search plugin for stores with hundreds and thousands of products.
Key Features of Smart WooCommerce Search
- Page Builder friendly – its compatible with popular page builders such as Elementor, Divi and WP Bakery (Visual Composer)
- Search Results – it search from product Title, SKU, Categories, Tags and Variations and displays search results with images and prices
- Exclude from search – you can exclude certain product categories and ‘Out of Stock’ products from appearing in search results
Why is Smart WooCommerce Search one of the best WooCommerce search plugins?
- There is a feature-rich Pro version that you can upgrade if you want to include additional search sources such as attributes, brands, custom fields, custom taxonomies and custom post types and also provides support for translation plugins
- It can be easily integrated with the default WooCommerce Search widget
6. Premmerce Product Search for WooCommerce Plugin
An eCommerce store can have products that have names slightly different from each other. These products can even be a variation of the same product. What will happen if a buyer types the wrong spelling of the product, reaches a ‘Not Found’ page and leaves the website? This can result in a drop of sales.
However, you can prevent this from happening to your WooCommerce store with the help of the Premmerce product search for WooCommerce plugin.
Key Features of Premmerce Product Search
- Comes with the spelling correction feature that leads to the relevant results even if a user has typed a wrong search term. Correction includes similar words, words with same pronunciation, and transliterated words.
- It auto-completes the search results which guides your customers to right products.
- Fast, Ajax-enabled plugin which is easy to configure.
Why is Premmerce Product Search one of the best WooCommerce search plugins?
- The free Premmerce Product Search plugin is quite powerful.
- It works with the standard WooCommerce Search widget. So you don’t need any additional settings.
- You can set the minimum number of characters to enable the enhanced search feature of this plugin.
- It gives an option to search for products based on SKU or a description.
7. Predictive Search for WooCommerce Plugin
Put yourself in your customers’ shoes and try to think how good it feels when a website predicts what you are about to search over it. Just like you, your end customers will also feel great when they find your website developed with this advanced search feature. The best part – you can add this functionality to your website with the help of the WooCommerce predictive search plugin.
Key Features of Predictive Search for WooCommerce
- It has a Predictive Search Widget through which you can add Predictive Search box to any widgetized area on your site.
- It is compatible with Elementor Pro – Template builder, where you can add the search box through the Predictive Search Widget.
- Customers can search for products on the eCommerce store in terms of their name, SKU, category, tags and similar other criteria.
- Customers also can search by creating combinations of different criteria.
Why is Predictive Search one of the best WooCommerce search plugins?
- There is a free Predictive Search plugin available with limited features which you can test before buying the premium plugin.
- This plugin can be added into a WooCommerce website’s theme using a widget, short-code, or a PHP function.
- You can exclude specific products from search whenever required.
- Allows easy integration with Yoast SEO and other SEO plugins.
If you are not sure of which WooCommerce search plugin to choose, I suggest you go with the WooCommerce product search plugin sold in the official WooCommerce shop.
If you need a free plugin you can go with the Advanced Woo Search plugin.
Every WooCommerce store would need a customer self-help knowledge base to find answers to the questions in the mind. You can also create an FAQ section in the WooCommerce product page to asnwer product related question.
The success of your eCommerce stores depends on the user experience. A fast, interactive product search functionality developed using these plugins is something that can lead to higher conversions at your online store. So, what are you waiting for? Dig deeper into the features of these plugins and enhance your store to the next level.
Did you try any of these plugins? Which one do you use in your eCommerce store? Is there any other WooCommerce product search plugins that is good? Tell us in the comments section.