A self-hosted WooCommerce Point of Sale (POS) system is a smart alternative for a costlier hosted standalone POS systems such as Vend, Shopify POS, etc., It can also be used by ecommerce brands who want to open a retail outlet for sales.
WooCommerce POS plugin integrates to your WooCommerce web store and gives it the front end Point of Sale (POS) functionality. The data is stored on your WooCommerce store, and the POS can be used on a browser.
A good POS should hold all the tracks for customers and their respective orders with an eye on business loyalty programs, which in return results in better shopper experience. The main things to check while choosing a POS are the list of supported devices and browsers, payment methods and gateways, and the options on the POS interface. (Tax, Shipping, etc.,)
If you are a beginner to using WooCommerce and you want to create a sylish online ecommerce store check out these articles WooCommerce marketplace themes, best Ecommerce themes, and free WooCommerce themes.
Listed below are the best WooCommerce Point of Sale (POS) plugins for your retail store.
1) YITH Point Of Sale For WooCommerce [THE BEST]
Point of Sale plugin from YITH is a recently launched POS plugin which is becoming quite popular. This plugin helps to convert your WooCommerce store into an easy to use and powerful cash register for any type of business.
Best Features of YITH Point of Sale
- Easy Management – you can easily create and manage Orders, Discounts and Special Offers
- Multiple Registers and Manager – it allows a single store to have multiple registers, managers and cashiers
- Multiple Payments – allow customers to pay with many payments options on the same order
- Stock Management – can manage stock even to the point of single products
- Split payment – accept payments from customers with more than one payment method to pay for the same order
Since its a product from YITH you can extend its capabilities with other YITH plugins such as WooCommerce Barcodes and QR Codes plugin and also give multiple payment options with plugins such as PayPal payouts, credit card payments with BrainTree, Stripe and more.
2) WooCommerce Point of Sale by ActualityExtensions
WooCommerce Point of Sale by ActualityExtensions is one of the earliest of POS plugins, but it still works. It has limited payment gateways, but the given payment gateways work without problems.
Supported Browsers – works best with Safari, Chrome, and Firefox also should work well with all the latest browsers
Payment Gateways – Paypal, Stripe, and Chip-and-PIN
Supported Devices – can be integrated with Barcode scanners, Magnetic Card readers and Receipt Printers
- Has all the necessary POS features
- Can be integrated with Advanced Custom Fields plugins to add custom fields for Customer and Order data
- Also could be integrated with Cash Manager to manage cash flow in the retail store
- Compatible with many WooCommerce extensions like Checkout field editor, Bookings, and Subscriptions
Reasons to Buy:
- Was the most sold plugin in this category ( 4,500+)
- Had over 4/5 rating in CodeCanyon
This plugin was moved from CodeCanyon to the WooCommerce marketplace in Jan-08-2020.
3) wePOS – Point Of Sale (POS) for WooCommerce
wePOS helps you integrate your WooCommerce store with your POS system to take orders and track your real-time inventory using your WooCommerce. It is appropriate for both small and mid-size retail stores. It allows you to physically count your products by scanning Barcodes and add them to the customer’s cart for processing the order.
Payment Gateways – free version only accepts cash payments and pro version supports cash, cards, and all the other popular payment gateways
Supported Devices – Has a fast and responsive interface on all types of Tablets & Desktop, works with many printers and hardware for printing receipts and also supports barcode for scanning products
wePOS – Free plugin features
- Allows you to search for products easily by ID, SKU, and Barcodes
- Only user roles such as Admin and Shop Manager can handle POS Orders
- Taxes calculated based on store setting and can automatically calculate the Tax and VAT for your sales
- Can manage whether to include Tax or VAT in the checkout or not
wePOS – Pro plugin features
- Gives a secure login panel for cashiers to login with their credentials from the frontend
- Can manage the multiple outlets (unlimited) separately and assign different cashiers for each outlet
- Has an advanced Receipt Builder every single detail in your invoice with a white-label
- Allows for multiple live cart management to initiate checkout for multiple customers at the same time
- Can apply discounts to products and also accept offline orders
4) WooSquare Pro
WooSquare Pro plugin helps you to migrate & synchronize your products and categories between Square & WooCommerce. It even goes one step further and allows you to pay with Square at WooCommerce Checkout.
Best Features of WooSquare Pro:
- Auto Synchronization – all standard product data can be synchronized between WooCommerce and Square POS including price, quantity, categories, images, variations, etc
- Allows the admin to manage Refunds between WooCommerce and Square.
- It supports Product and Variations with multiple attributes.
It also has paid WooCommerce to Square Order Sync add-on to send item information like taxes, discounts, and breakdown of items from WooCommerce to Square dashboard.
5) WooCommerce POS by Kilbot
WooCommerce POS by Kilbot is a free plugin for giving your WooCommerce store a Point of Sale (POS) feature so that you can take orders manually using multiple devices. It can be easily integrated with your WooCommerce store, and you can even designate your products as POS or Online only products.
Supported Browsers – Works well with all modern browsers
Payment Gateways – PayPal standard in the free version. Pro version gives you the option to use any WooCommerce Payment Gateways
Supported Devices – Interface is responsive with any type of device (PC, Tablet, Mobile), Non-encrypting card readers can be connected, works well with receipt printers and general purpose barcode scanners connected via – Bluetooth
WooCommerce POS Free plugin features
Though the Pro version has really powerful features, the free plugin has some good POS features.
- Barcode scanning with Hotkey
- Can edit Cart items and change product title, price and tax rate on the fly
- Options to add and edit taxes, Shipping rates, and additional charges.
WooCommerce POS Pro features
The Pro version is compelling and has advanced POS features.
- Can create multiple stores with multiple tax rates and custom receipts
- Serve multiple customers at the same time
- Use any WooCommerce payment gateway
- Quickly update customer details and view previous order information like a CRM
- Get advanced reports
6) Point of Sale System for WooCommerce by Webkul
Point of Sale System for WooCommerce by Webkul gives a retail store function for your existing online WooCommerce store. The physical stores will have a POS front-end management system for which the admin can assign a store agent who can efficiently manage the sales and customers at that particular store.
Best Features of Point of Sale System for WooCommerce
- Create and manage multiple POS outlets.
- Apply discounts and offers
- Add the custom product to the cart
- POS system work in online and offline mode both.
POS system can work both online and offline with the feature to synchronize all the sales and customer data of the offline store with the online store whenever going online.
Payments – It has options for Cash or Card payments. It does not support any payment gateways of WooCommerce.
Supported Devices – It will work with devices having 1280 screen resolution or above. It can be connected with barcode printers, barcode scanners, and the order invoice receipt printers.
Supported Browsers – It works well with all recent browsers.
There is a POS Order Return add-on to manage refunds which needs to be bought separately.
7) Open POS for WooCommerce
Open POS plugin allows you to connect the WooCommerce plugin to your retail store outlet via a Point of Sale (POS). It has good integrations with WordPress and WooCommerce.
Payment options – It gives you PayPal checkout and credit card via Stripe.
Supported Devices and Browsers – It works well with all recent devices and browsers. You can contact support if you have a specific device in mind.
Best POS features
- It is the only available plugin with features requires for Restaurant / Cafe POS such as Table Management, Merge Table, Transfer table, and Kitchen View Screen.
- It works with a Camera Barcode scanner.
- It supports multiple outlets with each outlet having multiple registers.
- You can manage cash balance on multiple registers.
The only negative of this plugin is that it doesn’t provide integrations with Payment gateways of your WooCommerce store.
8) Square Point of Sale
Square Point of Sale is a cloud-based POS software that can be linked to your WooCommerce store to give it a retail POS functionality.
Square is mainly a payment processor and processing payments using Square is very easy. They charge you some percentage for every payment you receive. Square payments gives you a POS application which can be installed and used on Apple, Android and Windows devices.
There is a free plan for which you could sign up.
Unlike other tools mentioned here, Square is not an integrated POS system but a standalone POS system which can be linked to your WooCommerce store to migrate & synchronize your products between Square & WooCommerce.
Also see other WooCommerce plugins such as,
- Best WooCommerce Affiliate Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Booking and Appointment Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Product Bundles & Cross-Selling Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Marketing Automation Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Marketplace Plugins
You can also see the Complete Guide to WooCommerce POS (WooCommerce Point of Sale Solution) to get the setp by step process of setting up an WooCommerce POS system.
WooCommerce integration for other cloud-based Point of Sale systems
Integrating WooCommerce and cloud-based Point of Sale systems is fairly a new idea because traditionally retail stores and ecommerce stores were separate ideas and entities. But now ecommerce brands are opening retail outlets, and retail stores are opening ecommerce outlets.
The only cloud-based standalone POS system with proper WooCommerce integration plugin is Square POS. But many developers are working on making WooCommerce integration plugins for other POS systems such as Vend, Clover, etc., and beta plugins are available.
One this is sure, we can expect more POS companies to provide WooCommerce integration and who knows, Automatic the company behind WooCommerce itself could launch a POS product.