Looking for the best WordPress table plugin for your site? Here’s a list of the best table plugins for WordPress in 2021. In this list, we will cover both free and premium WordPress table plugins.
Creating WordPress tables has become quite easy due to the availability of table plugins and they help you insert a table within any post or page including custom post types. Whether you are creating a simple data table, large database, product comparison tables, or a product catalog there are various WordPress table plugins that help you do it.
There are even tables plugin available that can list WordPress content such as post or products in a table and display it on any page. Let’s see the best plugins to create WordPress tables.
Tablesome – Responsive WordPress Table Plugin
Tablesome is a free WordPress table plugin to easily and quickly create responsive tables. It comes with some basic keyboard shortcuts that you could find in spreadsheet tools such as Excel, Google Sheets, etc,
You can quickly create and edit tables with any number of rows and columns in the backend and use the shortcodes to embed the table on any post type.
Why should you use the Tablesome plugin?
If you already have table data in external sources you can import your tables to your WordPress site in the form of CSV and XLSX files.
Add Images & Links To Tables
Allows you to include images and URLs to table cells. You can upload the images to WP Media Library and add them to tables.
Display Large Tables With Pagination
Can create large tables in WordPress with an unlimited number of rows and columns. You can limit the display of the number of records with table pagination.
Customize Table Fonts & Background Colors
Comes with good styling options that allow you to change colors of table header, body background, borders and also apply alternative colors to table rows.
You can also change the fonts, font colour, size, and alignment of header and body content.
Tablesome gives you advanced filtering options with which you can add multiple filters to table columns both on the backend and the frontend.
You can quickly find the relevant information using the table filters especially when you have a large table with thousands of table records.
You can sort text and numerical data in ascending or descending order in the backend. Advanced sorting options are coming in the next releases with more data types
TablePress is a very popular and robust WordPress table plugin that helps you to easily create and manage tables. With this plugin, you can embed tables into any post or page using shortcodes.
It has 800,000+ active installs and almost a perfect 5 out of 5-star rating from 4000+ user reviews.
Key Features of TablePress Plugin:
- Help users navigate and find the data from large tables by using Search, Filtering, Sorting, and Pagination in the front-end
- Allow users to copy or download the table from the front-end
- Many extensions are available to add powerful features to your table such as Fixed Columns, Fixed Headers. etc.,
- Can automate (sync) the table import from external sources such as Excel, FTP server, etc, using an extension
What makes TablePress one of the best WordPress table plugins?
- It’s a fully free WordPress table plugin but you can donate to the developer for certain extensions
- Comes with an advanced editor to create content with a visual interface in each individual cell
Who should go for the TablePress plugin?
- If you want to import tables from external sources such as Excel, GoogleSheets, etc., or using files types such as XLSX, CSV, HTML, and JSON files you should go for it
- If you require advanced features provided by TablePress extensions such as row ordering, additional Data types such as Currencies, and many other features.
Who should avoid the TablePress plugin?
- If you want to create a simple responsive table you could go for other plugins that have responsiveness in its core because you need an extension to make your tables responsive in TablePress
- The interface is not beginner-friendly and there is a bit of a learning curve. If you have to do large data entries from the WordPress backend you might want to look for another plugin
- Not the best option for a visually appealing table. Though there are some advanced editing options it takes time to create visually enhanced tables and you might have to add some CSS codes in some cases
wpDataTableswpDataTables is a freemium WordPress table plugin that comes in a free Lite version and Premium version. It’s a good plugin to create WordPress tables using external data sources that have made more than 20,000 sales in CodeCanyon.
Creating tables with wpDataTables plugin:You can create 2-types of tables with this plugin.
- A simple table where you can build tables in an Excel-like editor where you can resize/reorder columns and rows and add media, star rating, links, etc.,
- Create tables and charts from external data sources such as Excel, CSV, JSON, XML, PHP Array, Google Spreadsheet or from databases such as MySQL, MS SQL, and PostgreSQL
What makes wpDataTables one of the best WordPress table plugins?
- A one-of-kind plugin that allows Front-end table editing where you can even allow users to edit their own data
- Its premium version is a good option if you want to create tables and charts from external data sources
Who should go for the wpDataTables plugin?
- Can go for it if you want to create tables with options like advanced filtering, formulas, row grouping, conditional formatting, etc.,
- The best option if you want to import entries from forms such as Gravity Forms and Formidable forms
- If you want to create a data table with visual enhancements and want to add content like media, star rating, etc., you can go for the free version
Who should avoid the wpDataTables plugin?
- There are better options available to create a simple responsive data table
- Not the best option if you want to manually enter large table data in the WordPress backend
- If you’re looking for a free table plugin to create large tables with more than 150 rows, go for another plugin because its free version limits tables to 150 rows
- Also check the Lite Vs Premium, because of the Lite version limitations such as no import from Google Spreadsheet, and many more
Data Tables Generator by SupsysticData Tables Generator is another popular freemium WordPress table plugin that is great for creating large tables. The Pro version of this plugin is very powerful and useful for creating tables from external sources, processing the data using formulas, and visualizing the table data using Diagrams, Charts, and Graphs.
Key Features of Data Tables Generator
- Comes with multiple responsive table modes
- Can import tables from CSV, Excel, Google Sheets, and export tables to CSV, PDF, XLS, XLSX
- Allows editing tables from the Frontend
- Helps you do calculations with formulas (like a Spreadsheet)
- Can be integrated with WooCommerce to create a product table
What makes Data Tables Generator one of the best WordPress table plugins?
- With this plugin you can create large tables with Sorting, Searching and Pagination features for better navigation in the free version
- Supports multiple data formats including Plain, Currency, Percent, Date, etc,
Who should go for the Data Tables Generator plugin?
- It’s best for people looking to create large tables with thousands of rows and columns because it has come with server-side processing of the table to quickly load large tables
- You can create tables with images, videos, and links if you want to create attractive tables
Who should avoid the Data Tables Generator plugin?
- If your tables have to be primarily imported from external data sources you need to buy the Pro version and so you can look for other free table plugins available
- Even the free version with limited features has a learning curve so it might now be the best option is you want to create a simple responsive table on your site
Also See: Best Pricing Tables plugin for WordPress
Ninja Tables with yet another freemium WordPress table plugin. The free version is great for easily creating simple tables with a search box and inserting it in any post or page including custom post types. Most of the useful features are available in the Ninja Table Pro plugin.
Key Features of Ninja Tables
- Easily merge cells with Colspan and adjust column width
- Can be integrated with WooCommerce to create a product table
- Can embed media in tables cells and also use shortcodes inside cells
- Allows to import tables from CSV and Google Sheets
- Supports RTL
What makes Ninja Tables one of the best WordPress table plugins?
- It’s a great plugin to create visually enhanced tables with 100+ tables styles and unlimited colors.
- User-friendly table plugin
Who should go for the Ninja Tables plugin?
- It can be integrated with WP Fluent Forms, so you can collect the data from forms and add them to your table
- If you already have tables built with other table plugins such as TablePress, Ultimate Tables, and Data Tables Generator you can easily import them to Ninja Tables
Who should avoid the Ninja Tables plugin?
The free version lacks crucial features like filters, manual sorting of rows, adding CSS, and advanced options such as image fields. Almost all of the negative reviews for this plugin have mentioned that the free version’s features are limited. Do check the Free Vs. Pro features before using this plugin.
Posts Tables Pro by Barn2Post Tables Pro is a WordPress post table plugin that is different from other table plugins listed here. With the Post Table Pro plugin, you can create tables to list content such as WordPress posts, products, or any custom post type. You can also allow users to search, sort, and filter the columns.
Key Features of Posts Table Pro
- Allows you to insert anywhere in WordPress using shortcodes with 50+ options
- You can list table content by category, tag, ID, post type, author, or even using custom field value
- Within the columns, you can display categories, custom fields, and even multimedia content such as documents, video, and audio
- You can choose what content and columns to display in the table
There are many other table plugins in WordPress that are listed here. Some other WordPress table plugins that are worth mentioning are:
- FooTable – a free plugin to make your existing HTML tables responsive
- Visualizer – a simple tables and charts WordPress plugin
- MCE Table Buttons – a plugin to add table within TinyMCE editor
- WP Table Manager – a premium table plugin with a visual editor and premade styles and themes
Hope this post helps you find a WordPress table plugin that best fits your purpose.
Do share questions and thoughts in the comments section.